Best to be neutral - stoner synth doom thingy

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Interesting listen...the pitch-bending started to blow my head after a while...like sliding in and out of a very weird dream.

Great effect, but possibly slightly over-used here?

Enjoyed it.
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

ChameleonMusic wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:16 pm Interesting listen...the pitch-bending started to blow my head after a while...like sliding in and out of a very weird dream.

Great effect, but possibly slightly over-used here?

Enjoyed it.
Thanks for the comment. I may have gone overboard with the pitch bending :hihi: It was an experiment.

Maybe not what I would call doom but definitely stoner melancholy. :hihi:
I enjoyed it a lot. Reminds me of the motifs that Polyslax would make, minus the electric piano.

Thanks for sharing!

justin3am wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:47 pm Maybe not what I would call doom but definitely stoner melancholy. :hihi:
I enjoyed it a lot. Reminds me of the motifs that Polyslax would make, minus the electric piano.

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the listen! I'm a gentle soul, easily scared and impressed, hence the doom tag :lol:

hmmm...very unstable vibe... i think an over driven, dark, heavy reverbed acoustic piano melody on top would have completed the doom effect,
along with a longer length :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:30 am hmmm...very unstable vibe... i think an over driven, dark, heavy reverbed acoustic piano melody on top would have completed the doom effect,
along with a longer length :idea:
There is a piano in there somewhere, but i guess it gets drowned in the rest. Thanks for the listen!

Return to “Music Cafe”