John The Revelator - Supercellular [VCV Rack]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPBIJfdXgeo

Me preaching - well, shouting actually - through a pair of Supercell modules in a VCV Rack patch. From much spectral vexation a strange congregation evolves.

No symbols where none intended. Comments welcome, as always.

Best regards,

dp

This is quite an interesting modular exercise. I think the pitch modulations give this piece quite an eerie vibe, although it's pleasant enough to listen to.

I went digging and found your original vocal recording, and that was a great performance.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:56 am This is quite an interesting modular exercise. I think the pitch modulations give this piece quite an eerie vibe, although it's pleasant enough to listen to.

I went digging and found your original vocal recording, and that was a great performance.

Good work :)
Thanks, seismic ! Apologies for the long-overdue reply, life is just too weird these days.

Best regards,

dp

2 supercells :o
i only have the one (plus a clouds now) and was doing mental shit!
i cannot wait to hear this!!!!

Interesting effects, good vocals :tu:

hj
Last edited by codec_spurt on Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

ghjkl

hjk

nice voice :tu:

very restrained for supercell :hihi:
but very tasteful for it, doesn't become too (unlike some of us :oops:) too uncontrolled
top work as always 8)

vurt wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:45 pm nice voice :tu:

but very tasteful for it, doesn't become too (unlike some of us :oops:) too uncontrolled
top work as always 8)
Yeah, I agree, on both counts. Nicely sung, and surprisingly subtle use of the modules...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Your voice sounds great! I'll have to listen again in headphones for more detail. What kind of microphone did you use.
I frequently run my own voice through my modular and through effects to test them out but I hate the sound of my own voice, so it's very unlikely that I would record myself like this. :lol:

Thanks for sharing!

vurt wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:45 pm nice voice :tu:

top work as always 8)
@vurt and @whyterabbyt :

Hey mates, thanks so much for checking it out ! Vurt, I hoped you wouldn't be too disappointed by my modest use of Supercell. You might have preferred one of my earlier experiments with it, I got some very wild effects but they were a little too wild for what I was aiming at. No fear though, I've got some untamed stuff in the queue. :)

Best regards,

dp
Last edited by StudioDave on Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

justin3am wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:47 pm Your voice sounds great! I'll have to listen again in headphones for more detail. What kind of microphone did you use.
I frequently run my own voice through my modular and through effects to test them out but I hate the sound of my own voice, so it's very unlikely that I would record myself like this. :lol:

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for listening, I'm glad you enjoyed my modest efforts. :)

The mic is a standard-issue Shure SM58, nothing special there. It's run through an AudioBuddy preamp before going into an M-Audio Delta 66 audio interface. The preamp doesn't add much color to that mic, it seems to work well with my singing.

Best regards from the wasteland (aka NW Ohio USA),

dp

Nice stuff. Great vocals and effects. Thumbs up!

StudioDave wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:36 pm The mic is a standard-issue Shure SM58, nothing special there. It's run through an AudioBuddy preamp before going into an M-Audio Delta 66 audio interface.
I'm familiar with that setup! When I first started working at M-Audio, I had a Delta 66 with an Audio Buddy. I was really happy with that rig, and my old Oxygen 8. At some point I think I had the OmniStudio breakout and I still have my Flying Cow A>D/D>A. I finished a lot more projects in those days. :lol:
StudioDave wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:36 pmThe preamp doesn't add much color to that mic, it seems to work well with my singing.
That's really the key. If it suites your voice and the vibe of the track, nothing else really matters.

Upon second listen I like how the delays almost become like a call and response in this.

Return to “Music Cafe”