vurt - moootilated! (melodious ambient?)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
User avatar
addled muppet weed
77482 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:07 pm


User avatar
KVRAF
20382 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:38 pm

Unusual for you to come out with material so close to each other. Hopefully, you'll continue to be more prolific.

This reminds me of a cross between Phantom of the Opera and Tron. I mean this is REALLY out there. A little difficult at times to listen with headphones with all that stereo bouncing back and forth and no real center so the speakers had to come on before my equilibrium went out the window.

All in all, different, even for you. And that's saying something.

KVRer
21 posts since 28 Feb, 2021

Post Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:29 pm

Reminds me of an interesting train ride between NYC and Elizabeth, NJ. Can't remember the med. Nice track(s)!

User avatar
KVRian
1059 posts since 23 Nov, 2018 from Birmingham, UK

Post Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:45 am

Weirdly, I'm standing in a field full of cows listening on my phone via a bluetooth speaker so definitely quite amoosing and clearly very mooosical...

'Vurtastic' soundscape! (I may have created a new word)?

Shit...the bovines are closing in...gotta go... they look angry...I think they might be part vampire sheep....mootants!:)

Noooo, get away you multi-stomached monstrosities....f**k, one of them just baaa'd and smiled....shit those massive canines...aaaaaaargh, that hurt....someone help m............................................................
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

User avatar
addled muppet weed

Topic Starter

77482 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:59 pm

wagtunes wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:38 pm
Unusual for you to come out with material so close to each other. Hopefully, you'll continue to be more prolific.
we can hope!
its a little warmer now and i have everything working, so im excited about getting in here to play again :D
This reminds me of a cross between Phantom of the Opera and Tron.
well, thats not a combination i thought of :lol:
i do get what you mean now though, the organ is a bit phantom :hihi:
I mean this is REALLY out there. A little difficult at times to listen with headphones with all that stereo bouncing back and forth and no real center so the speakers had to come on before my equilibrium went out the window.
ah, my apologies, i dont do headphones, so dont imagine how it might sound.
i should start to at least check things :tu:
see! we all learn every day :)
All in all, different, even for you. And that's saying something.
you want the truth, i actually thought this was one of the more mainstream things id done as it was happening :lol:
not pop, but some melodic ambient type thing, but nope, its as mental as anything i do.
i guess im stuck in some weird dimensions :ud:

thanks as always for the listen.

and as a special treat...

http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtu ... ions01.mp3

its experiments with uhe cvlization, mode 3, a "moocorder" or mucorder, mutating recorder.
takes in cv notes then mutates them using various algorithms (randoms/pitch quantise...)

User avatar
addled muppet weed

Topic Starter

77482 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:05 pm

tickytock wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:29 pm
Reminds me of an interesting train ride between NYC and Elizabeth, NJ. Can't remember the med. Nice track(s)!
thanks :D

User avatar
addled muppet weed

Topic Starter

77482 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:06 pm

ChameleonMusic wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:45 am
Weirdly, I'm standing in a field full of cows listening on my phone via a bluetooth speaker so definitely quite amoosing and clearly very mooosical...

'Vurtastic' soundscape! (I may have created a new word)?

Shit...the bovines are closing in...gotta go... they look angry...I think they might be part vampire sheep....mootants!:)

Noooo, get away you multi-stomached monstrosities....f**k, one of them just baaa'd and smiled....shit those massive canines...aaaaaaargh, that hurt....someone help m............................................................
oh my!
ermentrude! leave that man alone!!!

thanks for worrying the local livestock :hihi:
and thanks for the listen 8)

User avatar
KVRian
1059 posts since 23 Nov, 2018 from Birmingham, UK

Post Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:30 pm

thanks for worrying the local livestock :hihi:
Tried to avoid some serious mud on a local walk and got very lost!!!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

User avatar
addled muppet weed

Topic Starter

77482 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:40 pm

ChameleonMusic wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:30 pm
thanks for worrying the local livestock :hihi:
Tried to avoid some serious mud on a local walk and got very lost!!!
i hate it when that happens!
its like all of a sudden, someone has built a whole new bit of town, and moved your house :o
its terrible if i take the missus for a walk and get lost, shes not from round here. used to take the piss but shes used to it now :hihi:

KVRist
447 posts since 4 Jun, 2018 from Wiltshire, Uk

Post Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:19 pm

“The number you have dialled has not been recognised, please hang up and try again”

A very unusual set of tracks, even for you...got to commend you for doing something outside the box (well, outside all realms of space, time and general sanity). I remember digging your more lovecraftian horror numbers a while back.
Last edited by frank1985 on Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRist
93 posts since 7 Aug, 2011

Post Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:02 pm

so the more posts on kvr you made the more f**ked up music you gonna end up producing? I think imma log out now

User avatar
addled muppet weed

Topic Starter

77482 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:45 am

frank1985 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:19 pm
“The number you have dialled has not been recognised, please hang up and try again”

A very unusual set of tracks, even for you...got to commend you for doing something outside the box (well outside all realms of space, time and general sanity). I remember digging your more lovecraftian horror numbers a while back.
thanks frank :)
yeah, although i would call my stuff mostly dark ambient, i do also like to try new things, see what happens when you do this to this...? and so on :)
keep experimenting and it stays fun.
although maybe lately ive been more on the mental than experi side :lol:

cthulhu wakes is one of my faves of recent years too :tu:

User avatar
addled muppet weed

Topic Starter

77482 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:46 am

ssl4000 wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:02 pm
so the more posts on kvr you made the more f**ked up music you gonna end up producing? I think imma log out now
correlation is not causation.
sadly, being this f**ked up musically, costs a fortune in high grade love wood :cry:

thanks for listening, resistance is futile :borg:

KVRist
93 posts since 7 Aug, 2011

Post Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:11 pm

I'm having a hard time understanding what you said, same with understanding this kind of music :D but it is interesting for sure :)
Last edited by ssl4000 on Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRist
93 posts since 7 Aug, 2011

Post Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:12 pm

duplicate

Return to “Music Cafe”