best cheapest electric guitars under £100

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The Noodlist wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:15 pm
Mikelo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:30 am Just pulled the trigger on this today for £69.

https://www.dv247.com/en_GB/GBP/J-D-TL- ... 028063-000

Bought it for a knock around in front of the TV and for my twelve year old daughter to practice on.
Looks pretty good with positive reviews. Looking forward to trying it.
Short scale, ideal for a youngster.
Good job I'm only 49 next month then :hihi:

Mikelo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:18 pm
Mikelo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:30 am Just pulled the trigger on this today for £69.

Bought it for a knock around in front of the TV and for my twelve year old daughter to practice on.
Speaking from the lofty heights of 51, I'll tell you now my lad, you'll be glad of the small, light guitar in a couple of years - everything starts hurting after 50. :cry:

fghj
Last edited by codec_spurt on Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

donkey tugger wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:42 pm
Mikelo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:18 pm

Speaking from the lofty heights of 51, I'll tell you now my lad, you'll be glad of the small, light guitar in a couple of years - everything starts hurting after 50. :cry:
LOL I don't have to wait till 50 to feel like that! :lol:

Well received my little Jack & Danny tele copy yesterday and I must say, for £69, it's a little gem.
Flawless finish for the price. Good low action out of the box. Frets need a little polish as they are a little scratchy but nothing to serious.
Lovely smooth neck.
Again, for £69, it's a steal.
Last edited by Mikelo on Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mikelo wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:01 am Well received my little Jack & Danny tele copy yesterday and I must say, for £69, it's a little gem.
Flawless finish for the price. Good low action out of the box. Fretts need a little polish as they are a little scratchy but nothing to serious.
Lovely smooth neck.
Nice.
I've heard some good things about Jack & Danny LP style guitars.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

The Noodlist wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:49 am
Mikelo wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:01 am Well received my little Jack & Danny tele copy yesterday and I must say, for £69, it's a little gem.
Flawless finish for the price. Good low action out of the box. Fretts need a little polish as they are a little scratchy but nothing to serious.
Lovely smooth neck.
Nice.
I've heard some things about Jack & Danny LP style guitars.
Honestly, it's a little cracker.
Can't believe what you can get for under £70.
Might even get another for that price. I'll try and put a picture up of it if I can work how :)

Mikelo wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:20 am I'll try and put a picture up of it if I can work how :)
I gave up with the IMG tags, never seemed to work. Just go to the full editor, click the attachments tab below and upload an image. Click inline if you want it to appear in the body of your post.

Thanks for that Gary :tu:

Here it is..
Screenshot_20210305_052525_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That's a really nice colour combination. Doesn't feel too small I guess?

GaryG wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:45 pm That's a really nice colour combination. Doesn't feel too small I guess?
Not really Gary, compared to my Ibanez RG and Jackson Dinky its obviously that smaller but certainly not to the extent that you think of it as a toy.
And yes.... It's a great colour combo, especially with the tortuise shell scratch plate and chrome, yes for this price range it actually has chrome and not cheap plastic knobs.!

I have an Ibanez GIO GSA 60 as a second guitar. It goes for $100-200 on ebay. It's not bad, but I used to have the worst problem keeping it in tune.

Magic Russ wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:53 am I have an Ibanez GIO GSA 60 as a second guitar. It goes for $100-200 on ebay. It's not bad, but I used to have the worst problem keeping it in tune.
It might just be the simple tremelo system on the GIO Russ.
Do you stretch the strings when you re string? If not, that could cause tuning problems too

How good are beginner guitars compared to 15 years ago when I first bought one (Ibanez GRG 170DX)? Haven't tested any cheapies but I'm wondering if quality went or up or down over time?
I have nothing to do with BÖC, just a huge fan who couldn't find a better name at the time of registering.

Fazley Buttercup FTL200BSB-M Butterscotch Blonde £128.00 £85
Might be worth a punt. Through ash body. 4 in stock. 4/5 reviews.
Use discount code 'TM321' to get 5% off
https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/electric-gui ... nchorpoint
ImageImage
Last edited by The Noodlist on Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Return to “Guitars”