Old soft synths - nostalgia thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well... we have one for DAW's, so I thought it would be time to make one for instruments as well. :)

Look at this beauty:
V_Station_01.jpg
V_Station_02.jpg
With liquid analog filters™. ;)

Was actually the first payware synth I bought, I think. I think I paid 29.99 € at Thomann (although I think it was some other store... can't remember now) back then. I also got 2 licenses with my Novation gear, and one from a MusicTech DVD, so I have 4 licenses of it in total. :D

Nice synth, I still use it. Lots of (Novation) character. I thought about getting some cheap Novation synth a couple of times (Xiosynth, X-Station or K-Station), but always ended up with the decision that they're too pricey for what you get, and that I already have that sound with V-Station when I need it. :)

I also used to own a boxed version of Terratec Komplexer (don't think there even was a digital version), but, I sold that one here in the forum. Also a very nice synth. I'm sure I'd still use it now, if it was 64-bit, and if the copy protection wouldn't be such a PITA (I never got it to run under Win 7, Win 8 or Win 10 64-bit, because it required to cheat the installer into thinking you use a 32-bit Windows XP with a registry key change, IIRC... which made my antivirus stop working). Shame, because, it had that "vintage" Waldorf synth I also hear on the older Waldorf hardware synths. There's a lot of that which you can mimic with Largo though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by chk071 on Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for reminding me I had this! I’ll test drive tonight, after I smoke a fat one.

I played with it just yesterday. Seriously, it still has something, even in 2021. :) Some nice bang in the filters, which makes for some nice percussive sounds. Oscillators are a bit thin when you compare them with nowadays' synths, but, most importantly, it has character.

I still use this a good bit.
Dirk

This one is a rocker==>
Dream Station DXi.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nix808 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:16 pm This one is a rocker==>
Dream Station DXi.png
Oh yes, I loved that one.

I think I have a few licenses for V-Station around, and the original CD and case as well. Unfortunately, I moved to Mac/Big Sur and it's not compatible....yet :pray:

Really miss this one....

Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Erisian wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:10 pm Image
some of those early cm freebies where great!
i had orion, and them!
was a good while before i invested any money in anything, reaktor sessions :D just to be able to get my hands on all the goodies everyone was building with reaktor!

vurt wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:49 pm
i had orion, and them!
was a good while before i invested any money in anything, reaktor sessions :D just to be able to get my hands on all the goodies everyone was building with reaktor!
I learned about vsts because I started buying CM whenever it came out. I liked the specials that had disks with hundreds of plugins on them. I became a big fan of Krakli overnight because of them.

Erisian wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:54 pm
vurt wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:49 pm
i had orion, and them!
I learned about vsts because I started buying CM whenever it came out. I liked the specials that had disks with hundreds of plugins on them. I became a big fan of Krakli overnight because of them.
same!!
bought issue 3 because my missus had just brought a computer home from work, to do proper work apparently...
was getting a train, saw cm issue 3, thought id see what computer music was all about!
think it was that, that had the orion demo, and i was pretty much hooked!
and yup, ian (krakli) is a long time fave here too :tu:

Oаtmeal has the greatest random patch generator of all time
and it sounds damn fine
and it's free

farlukar wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:12 pm Oаtmeal has the greatest random patch generator of all time
and it sounds damn fine
and it's free
I hated it because I hated the GUI. Wasn't it skinnable though? Maybe I could like it.

Erisian wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:15 pmWasn't it skinnable though?
iirc there was a pretty neat white/red skin.

Return to “Instruments”