Behringer vs Oberheim

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's a decision I can get behind.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Just the audacity to try this.
But this seems like Behringer’s strategy and values.
Be idiots. Us agains them. And get a base on those merits rather than innovation and quality.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

It was probably cheaper than a regular advertisement. Then again... they just could call it: OB-eh

Behringer is gross in that way... No respect whatsoever. Good they lost.

Result. It sounds like they can do what they like in the EU though
Last edited by leeleema on Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I wish they cool it with the nonsense, make the clones that no one else is able to build and sell for a reasonable price and stop trying to be the bad karma coin collectors. They don’t need to steal prestige by going after the pioneers names; their clones are excellent. That should be enough.
Last edited by Scotty on Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

so, the judge told him he
might as well jump
just go ahead and jump.

If they make a giant sized 88 OB-Xa version for about €3000, then that would be something.

i don't get it, whats the problem here?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

They applied for a patent, the patent was declined. They'll end up selling it called something else, and they might even have to make it look just a tiny bit different. Seems like perfectly normal business to me. At least they went through the proper channels. I won't personally buy one - I never got hooked by the OB sound. Why are the fanboys so enrgised about this - or is anyone really? To me Behringer have just got better and better, they're providing stuff at a fraction of the price for genuine quality that the rest of the market basically said "go f**k yourselves, we're not gonna do it".

Nothing to see here IMO. :shrug:

Behringer are not Oberheim. They're just some shady guy on the street corner selling knock off Tag Heller and Rulex watches.

Even if they are allowed to copy the underlying circuits etc, I think it's a cheap, uninspired, anti creative, misleading and duplicitous scummy approach to be making these knock offs in such similarly designed and named forms to the originals.

They have no shame and no imagination. Money grubbing ass hats.

And!! The synths don't even sound right in most cases!

_leras wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:33 am Behringer are not Oberheim. They're just some shady guy on the street corner selling knock off Tag Heller and Rulex watches.
The difference is that their build parts are exact replicas of the original build parts of those synthesizers.

For the rest of your post: Many owners of the original gear disagree. That's all I can say to that really. :shrug:

kritikon wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:36 am They applied for a patent
Nope, there was no patent. They requested registration of "Behringer Oberheim" as a trademark. Being intellectual property is the only resemblance. And both are dealt with by the USPTO. ;-)
kritikon wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:36 am Nothing to see here IMO. :shrug:
Fully agree on that.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

kritikon wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:36 am They applied for a patent, the patent was declined. They'll end up selling it called something else, and they might even have to make it look just a tiny bit different. Seems like perfectly normal business to me. At least they went through the proper channels. I won't personally buy one - I never got hooked by the OB sound. Why are the fanboys so enrgised about this - or is anyone really? To me Behringer have just got better and better, they're providing stuff at a fraction of the price for genuine quality that the rest of the market basically said "go f**k yourselves, we're not gonna do it".

Nothing to see here IMO. :shrug:
ah i see. and no there is nothing special about the OB sound really.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”