Arturia Spark 2 Software is out

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jdnz wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:41 pm
pixel85 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:55 pm Well, I think that I will save for crisps and beer those $20. A better deal than updating who knows what :)
Spark VDM is really old - and owners of the original Spark series ( there were a couple of other versions apart from VDM ) were offered an upgrade path to spark2

so you're really not missing out on anything - indeed I don't know if original Spark would even run on a modern OS
Thanks for the confirmation that I'm not losing anything besides money with this upgrade :)
Weasel-Boy wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 7:50 pm Spark VDM was the original incarnation of Spark. It came in the early V2 or V3 collections when Arturia was using eLicenser copy protection. Everything (sample-wise) that was in VDM is in the current Spark. The major difference was the interface. As to reauthorizing it, Arturia no longer uses the eLicenser system and cannot provide replacement serial numbers to reauthorize the dongle (yet another thing you’d need to get it running). So save your money because everything is packed into the current version of Spark.
Yeah, it's a mess on the Arturia website. You can pay to upgrade but it also states that "no activation currently available".
briefcasemanx wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:31 am Lol when I first got Spark2 I too almost tried to buy spark vdm, not realizing the vdm stuff was included in Spark2.

Spark2 is very underrated.
It looks like an expansion pack for Spark. Can be confusing indeed.
Last edited by pixel85 on Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WasteLand wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:45 am
Aloysius wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:34 am I'm happy I got it working. I thought it had been lost to history until I saw this thread again. I really like some of the sounds. I might have to learn how to use it now. Drag and drop audio and midi is great. Changing the preference so the software doesn't keep looking for a hardware controller is great. :) I never used it after getting it but the sounds, like the Linn are exactly what I like.
the sounds are great, in my opinion. the song mode is indeed terrible, never use it.
drag and drop audio/midi, works great. first make the sequences in Spark 2..

o well, it is not history, for me. and it has a modular, for real emulation, for the 808, for example, and you can control sounds in many ways. nice effects, nice mixer.

making own drumkits is also fun in Spark 2.. i always liked it, even if i have battery 4, MDrummer, Punch 2 (last one quite recently..). and more, maschine on it's own for example.

i still like the Spark 2. the Linn is great. 2 Linn's it has, and by the way, you can download for free, some experimental, and some less experimental, soundpacks for Spark 2..

Spark 2 comes loaded already. i know there is always discussion, especially about the Spark 2, but to my ears, it performs quite, quite well. and automation!! it is easy to use.

(and yes the old CDM controller, makes it a real drumcomputer, the touchpad!, 3 endless encoders, for 8 pads (you must switch banks, 1-8, 9-16), the sequencer, the loop divider. old skool perhaps, but still great, in my honest opinion).

have fun!

EDIT: i have used the Spark 2, in 20 or 30 tracks i believe..
Yes. Free stuff :)

http://www.arturia.com/drums-expansion- ... nsionpacks

:tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:40 pm
Yes. Free stuff :)

http://www.arturia.com/drums-expansion- ... nsionpacks

:tu:
i was too lazy, to look for the link :clown: .... but there it is, nice soundpacks! :party:

I also have Spark 2 from VC 4. Hasn't been updated in a while, but still functions on my Mac. Last I used it - was to call up a few drum patterns that I used to use in Logic & re-create the patterns on my SL MKIII. (yeah -- not needed, but I am not drum pattern savvy - so this saved me time :) ).

Without reading the manual.

If I drag and drop a midi file, how do I turn off the internal sequencer in spark, so the midi file plays and not the spark sequencer pattern?

Aloysius wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:43 am Without reading the manual.

If I drag and drop a midi file, how do I turn off the internal sequencer in spark, so the midi file plays and not the spark sequencer pattern?
turn of "host" button.

Yeah, just spotted it. Thank you. I'm slowly getting into it.

Aloysius wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:43 pm Yeah, just spotted it. Thank you. I'm slowly getting into it.
if i recall correctly, it does not save the state of that button, or does it? sometimes, because i make seqeunces in spark, and then export them as midi. i am chaotic sometimes, sometimes again.

you can learn spark 2 quite easy without manual (only for setting up the controller it is very necessary...). that isn't a bad thing, it shows, it is pretty straightforward, as i said old skool like, with some modern twists (modular building blocks). and the basics are always the basics...

It saves the state of the HOST button here in Live 10, Windows 10.

For old times sake I just tried Spark 2 on my Windows 11 machine, but it just stays like this in Standalone and DAWs (tried Reaper and Bitwig). Have tried uninstalling/reinstall from Arturia Software Centre, but same thing. Any ideas?
spark2bug.png
I never had the hardware, but the plugin used to work fine a while ago when it was on Windows 10.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

If you can hit the Controller button you might get it to stop scanning for the hardware, which is what it's doing.
The controller button is that button with the row of squares between the tempo and metronome.

There is a setting in the preferences on Spark software to stop it from scanning.
Ableton Live 11,Push 3/Deepmind 12D, Roland VT4, TR-8S, Roland Fantom 06, Zoom MS-70CDR

Can't click anything in the plugin window and can't get to the preferences. Shame, I wanted to grab some samples from a few of the drum sounds to use in my modular.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

Was hoping for an info that spark was updated

Amazingly it still works for me on Apple M1 Max

Return to “Instruments”