Air Music Technology's Drum Synth 500

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi, love this, bought it a while ago and now retrying.. but I hate using the drum sequencers of cubase and bitwig.
are there any great drum sequencing VST's out there specific to drum programming?

thanks

Tony

Teksonik wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:44 pm Wow, $10 is a great deal for Drum Synth 500 but I am concerned about reports of Air plugins causing serious issues with some computers due to the Pace iLok software.

viewtopic.php?f=265&t=546199

I own a ton of Air plugins but am not reaching for them in new projects for this reason and have also not updated the pace software on my studio system for a long time since I had lost my licenses after an update an it was a hassle getting them back.

Has anyone had issues with installing and/or authorizing DS 500? Did you already have the Pace e-licenser software installed or was it a first time installation?
Just an update here, but Plugin Boutique has this one on their Windows installer white list (as only a few from AIR are apparently unaffected, such as DS 500, Hybrid, Mini Grand, and Velvet). The Mac installers look to be all in the clear, as this is indicated as a Win 10 issue only. If you need installers for Win 7 or 8, they ask that you contact them directly.

So installed DS 500 this weekend on Windows 10, no issues testing on Ableton Live 10 and Studio One 5 Pro.

The installer for this product did not attempt to update the iLok Software. I was just asked to sign in with my iLok ID and add the activation code. All good! :tu:

From the nice folks at Plugin Boutique:
Due to a major incompatibility issue with various AIR Music Technology software and a recent Windows 10 update, we have made the decision to remove all affected products from sale at Plugin Boutique while we await updated installers which will fix this problem. As a result of this, we DO NOT recommend Windows 10 users download and install any AIR Music Technology software, excluding the products listed with the downloads here.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I sent a message to support with all my details.
They eventually wrote back looking for my details.

Haven't heard from them since.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:29 pm I sent a message to support with all my details.
They eventually wrote back looking for my details.

Haven't heard from them since.
Sadly, that seems to be par for the course from inMusic Brands. :( With my last request, they sent me a link to a 3rd party website and closed my ticket. The information on the 3rd party website did not resolve my issue. I gave them the lowest possible scores on the subsequent survey they sent me. No follow up from them on that, either.

Not sure it will make any difference, but maybe we should pile on the "Terrible tech support" thread in their forum - viewtopic.php?f=265&t=561833

Done
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Has anybody had problems loading samples to the two sampler slots? I drag wav samples there but nothing happens. The manual is not helpful and Air is not responding to my customer support request? Thanks

Return to “Instruments”