Ultra-noob Aux Sequencer Question

Official support for: loomer.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Having a lot of fun with Architect, but still trying to get over that initial learning curve.

I want to use an Aux Step Sequencer to modulate the velocity of the notes in a Mono Step Sequencer. I tried it wiring the aux1 output of the Aux Seq to the +velocity input of the Mono Seq, but that didn't work. Then I tried running the pattern out of the Aux Seq into the +velocity input of the Mono Seq, but that didn't do anything either.

What am I missing? I feel like once I get this, a big chunk of understanding the workflow will fall into place for me.

Lava wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:39 am I want to use an Aux Step Sequencer to modulate the velocity of the notes in a Mono Step Sequencer. I tried it wiring the aux1 output of the Aux Seq to the +velocity input of the Mono Seq.
That sounds exactly right to me. I guess the things you need to watch for are:

* What is the range of the aux output from the Aux Seq. MIDI noteon velocities are in the range of 1-127, so you'll need a range that accomodated this.
* Note that the +velocity is added to the "raw" velocity of the note in the sequencer, it doesn't replace it. So if the note has a raw velocity of 64 and you modulate by 32, the note's output velocity will be 96.
* Also note that changes to the +velocity are not visually display in the sequencer UI, only the raw velocities are shown.
* The easiest way of monitoring your MIDI messages is using a [MIDI to tuple] -> [print] module.

Have any of these pointers helped you out? If not, could you upload/PM/email me your patch, and I'll see where it is going wrong. Thanks!
Architect, the modular MIDI toolkit, beta now available for macOS, Windows, and Linux.

That was it, I just needed to turn the volume down on all the steps of the Mono Seq, it's working now. Thanks!

Return to “Loomer”