Give us custom themes!

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Add tools to create/edit themes, please. Or at least the ability to have a darker MIDI and arrangement background. PLEASE!

There won't be many words here. This is not the first time this request has been made.

PEACE

This is the one thing that everyone complains about but I feel is one of bitwig's strongest points... It's UX is on point...

I think that's because they can really tweak things like contrasts, hierarchies of priorities, and declutter... To me all those things make up a a sense easy-to-use and natural feel to using bitwig...

I see all the time people praising bitwig for its speed of use and the inspiration in gives, speed of workflow and such comments...

I think all of that is a symptom of a really tuned and streamlined interface, which basically goes out of the window as soon as you add themes... Just my 5 cents on the matter

Theming is overrated and I'd rather they spend their time working on other things.

coroknight wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:40 pm Theming is overrated and I'd rather they spend their time working on other things.
Abso-bloody-lutely 😉
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

coroknight wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:40 pm Theming is overrated and I'd rather they spend their time working on other things.
I agree... Maybe for Bitwig Studio 8 when there is nothing else to do :wink:

pdxindy wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:50 pm
...except for MSEG and alias clips :wink:
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:06 pm
Those will be in Bitwig long before V8 :P

pdxindy wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:08 pm
antic604 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:06 pm
Those will be in Bitwig long before V8 :P
I'm a glass-half-empty kinda guy :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Theming would be nice but personally I wouldn't change the interface too much from what it is anyway. I like the default look of Bitwig. For Ableton I mostly stick with the default dark theme. The only DAW I've ever bothered to theme was S1, and that was just make things a bit clearer. I like the S1's theme engine works. Just Hue, Saturation, Contrast sliders. I definitely wouldn't want anything as complicated as Reaper or even Ableton if Bitwig did introduce theming.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

Not into themes. I'd rather Bitwig stick with the Frank Lloyd Wright style of design and stay opinionated.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

If you want themes, then watch Bob Ross :)

I find the theme to be okay. Feels nice and not cluttered.
The frame rate is way beyond all the others with how smooth everything feels.

Then again I never really need the mixer view because the great integration on my maschine jam

Users before the introduction of the theme editor in Bitwig:
"No! We don't need themes! We're fine with everything!"

Same users after the theme editor was implemented in Bitwig:
"I saw a Bitwig theme in your video on YT. Can you tell me where I can download it? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!"

"OKAY, google. Venus Theory Bitwig theme download!!!"

etc.

IVAN FREI wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:19 pm "OKAY, google. Venus Theory Bitwig theme download!!!"
I do not need a theme that yells "Howdy doody buckaroonies!" at me, thank you very much 😉
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

Nope. I never want to be running the same software as anyone with a Hentai themed DAW. Cos that's what will happen. That and Hello Kitty.
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

Return to “Bitwig”