ANY soft synths with button / slider / knob sounds?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:18 pm
muki wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:55 pm
Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:32 pm a story about electric cars having to make a sound for safety reasons.
isn't richard devine doing sound design for cars (cars engines)?
like f.e.:
https://www.asoundeffect.com/the-future-sound-of-cars/
It's a sad comment on the devolution of Human intelligence that we have to force electric vehicles to make noise so stupid people don't walk out in front of them. :dog:

not everyone has the benefit of sight.

vurt wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:38 pm not everyone has the benefit of sight.
This is true and not everyone has the benefit of being able to hear.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

just stick 'em on there somewhere

:lol: Problem solved..... :tu:

Here's another example of the devolution of the Human Race:

"5 safety apps that remind parents there's a baby in the back seat"

https://www.mother.ly/news/best-car-seat-sensor-app
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:41 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:38 pm not everyone has the benefit of sight.
This is true and not everyone has the benefit of being able to hear.
indeed. but we do what we can, to make society safe for as many as possible.
this is just one of those things.
doesn't inconvenience anyone, and i agree it doesn't have to be "big engine noise" which would annoy people, just not almost silent.
it could even be, switched off on motorway type driving areas, it's only really useful anywhere with pedestrians.

Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:45 pm :lol: Problem solved..... :tu:

Here's another example of the devolution of the Human Race:

"5 safety apps that remind parents there's a baby in the back seat"

https://www.mother.ly/news/best-car-seat-sensor-app
yes, forgetting your baby is idiotic, that one i have no argument for.

jancivil wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:41 pm Image
just stick 'em on there somewhere
reminds me of "the strange island of dr nork" :tu:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wierdrevie ... bloch/amp/

vurt wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:46 pm indeed. but we do what we can, to make society safe for as many as possible.
KVR.png

So it appears we're accommodating those who are impaired in other ways than blindness.... :shrug:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Teksonik wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:01 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:46 pm indeed. but we do what we can, to make society safe for as many as possible.

KVR.png

So it appears we're accommodating those who are impaired in other ways than blindness.... :shrug:
or trying to avoid increasing the number of blind people injured.

anyway, im out of this pointless discussion/thread.
to make my tea.

wwjd wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:31 pm I shall, henceforth, make mechanical knob slider peg and button press sounds with my mouth when I play with my soft synths:

"SSSHHHLOiNK! TINK! badunk, clikly clicky click. TWACK!"

I guess that will have to do :D
I think I already subconsciously do that :shrug: :lol:

I'm not sure why people are so upset about this idea. Mechanical controls make sounds, but I think we've mostly just become conditioned to tune them out and focus on what we're trying to hear when making music. It's a novel idea, but I think I'd probably be annoyed by it after a short period and disengage that option.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

vurt wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:46 pm
doesn't inconvenience anyone, and i agree it doesn't have to be "big engine noise" which would annoy people, just not almost silent.
it could even be, switched off on motorway type driving areas, it's only really useful anywhere with pedestrians.
one would think that with advancement of smart-driving cars, "internet of things" - cars could have sensors and beep in proximity.
Also, if there are no IC engines, no car would make noise, so you would be able to hear tyres. You can hear a bicycle and it doesn't have an engine - but not if there's 5 diesels around

We've come a long way from getting run over by a horse & carriage with a face full of manure adding insult to injury and/or death
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Ploki wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:24 pm
vurt wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:46 pm
one would think that with advancement of smart-driving cars, "internet of things" - cars could have sensors and beep in proximity.
Also, if there are no IC engines, no car would make noise, so you would be able to hear tyres. You can hear a bicycle and it doesn't have an engine - but not if there's 5 diesels around
oh, yeah, id agree we don't need engine noises, just some obvious sound, when in areas of pedestrians crossing and such.

the alternative is probably more crossings, on every little side street.
which would most drivers prefer?

You really want my knob sounds?
Daredevil!

vurt wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:36 pm
oh, yeah, id agree we don't need engine noises, just some obvious sound, when in areas of pedestrians crossing and such.

the alternative is probably more crossings, on every little side street.
which would most drivers prefer?
since most drivers are likely much worse than they think they are, we should probably do the opposite of what they prefer

Return to “Instruments”