would sometimes crash when devices
  disconnected from WASAPI (because of
  computer sleep/wake, disconnecting
  bluetooth speakers, etc.) [25540]
- Mac: MP3 import was failing on
  macOS 10.13
- Linux: Text input was delayed with
  certain OS settings
Last edited by horizon7 on Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This is how you know we are at the end of Bitwig 3 and moving onto version 4. They always like to leave the last version as stable as possible for those who don't upgrade
Studio One 5.2, Bitwig 3.3.5, FL Studio 20.8.2 + Windows 10

I hope it is the last one, I am actually getting a bit fed up of all these little releases and have just started skipping them. Some are 'pre-release bug fixes (?), some updates, most are tiny little things that should really all be lumped together.

Every time they update I have to uninstall and old version and re-install a new version and then a week later, another little bug fix update. Ableton have a much better system, updates within the program with complete re-installs and uninstalls to fix a small bug.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

hi ! since v3.3.7 i have problems on the startup preset with the VCO 2 of brainworx bx_oberhausen v 1.4.0 latest v. ! VCO 2 complet out of order !
on bitwig v. 3.3.6 the VCO 2 was working on the start up preset because i had worked on it yesterday ! i have no clue . well just 1 presets but a bit strange ! any body else ?
+ when u press " shift " and tip with the mouse on it the sustain knob on ENV 1 starts to move works just on sustain knob on ENV 1 :hihi: .
this is not a april joke :help: :pray: :nutter:
win 10 64bit
Last edited by hihat on Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.

SLiC wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:26 pm I hope it is the last one, I am actually getting a bit fed up of all these little releases and have just started skipping them. Some are 'pre-release bug fixes (?), some updates, most are tiny little things that should really all be lumped together.

Every time they update I have to uninstall and old version and re-install a new version and then a week later, another little bug fix update. Ableton have a much better system, updates within the program with complete re-installs and uninstalls to fix a small bug.
I really prefer the Bitwig system... at least on Mac. I download the new update, launch it, drag it to the applications folder and I have a choice to overwrite and keep both. I always keep both in case I want to roll back. When I am satisfied with the new update, I can simply delete the older version.

I never have to be concerned about issues in a new update cause the old one is always right there. Best system for me with complex software like a DAW.

pdxindy wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:03 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:26 pm I hope it is the last one, I am actually getting a bit fed up of all these little releases and have just started skipping them. Some are 'pre-release bug fixes (?), some updates, most are tiny little things that should really all be lumped together.

I really prefer the Bitwig system... at least on Mac. I download the new update, launch it, drag it to the applications folder and I have a choice to overwrite and keep both. I always keep both in case I want to roll back. When I am satisfied with the new update, I can simply delete the older version.

I never have to be concerned about issues in a new update cause the old one is always right there. Best system for me with complex software like a DAW.
I can see the advantages as you suggest, but not every couple of weeks! Are these releases even beta tested? There always seems to be new problems with ever release and then a release to correct the new problem introduced...rolling all of these little bug fixes together with a proper beta test period would seem better solution to me.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

hihat wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:01 pm hi ! since v3.3.7 i have problems on the startup preset with the VCO 2 of brainworx bx_oberhausen v 1.4.0 latest v. ! VCO 2 complet out of order !
on bitwig v. 3.3.6 the VCO 2 was working on the start up preset because i had worked on it yesterday ! i have no clue . well just 1 presets but a bit strange ! any body else ?
+ when u press " shift " and tip with the mouse on it the sustain knob on ENV 1 starts to move works just on sustain knob on ENV 1 :hihi: .
win 10 64bit
I can confirm that the knob keeps moving when you hold shift down...
I also get a crash on exit, had to go to task manager to close. This seems random (maybe when the wheel is spinning/scanning?)

thanx :tu: .so i guess wait for v.3.3.8 or 1.4.1. because nobody want believe either bitwig or brainworx.
they will ask me if I haven't paid enough :D
btw. havent checked my other brainworx plug the spl iron :scared:

---
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

hihat wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:00 am thanx :tu: .so i guess wait for v.3.3.8 or 1.4.1. because nobody want believe either bitwig or brainworx.
they will ask me if I haven't paid enough :D
btw. havent checked my other brainworx plug the spl iron :scared:
ahh my youngest was talking about that during breakfast this morning, didn't get it, but now i see what she meant ;)
she uses 3.3.6 and saw it happen with spl, bx_ and ada
just tested it in S1 5 and Live: no weirdness there, not with spl nor bx_ or ada.

so 3.3.7 is even worse? not going to update bs for her then...

I didn't notice the running button in version 3.3.6. But in 3.3.6 the vco 2 was perfect and in 3.3.7 there are at least 2-3 presets in bx oberhausen where vco 2 did not work. had no time to test spl iron
i will send this thread link to brainworx and bitwig Support :D

SLiC wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:52 pm
hihat wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:01 pm hi ! since v3.3.7 i have problems on the startup preset with the VCO 2 of brainworx bx_oberhausen v 1.4.0 latest v. ! VCO 2 complet out of order !
win 10 64bit
I also get a crash on exit, had to go to task manager to close. This seems random (maybe when the wheel is spinning/scanning?)
Yes the exit issue happens to me also it causes a freeze for long time & I have to stop it via task manager, As I’m using windows.
The exit issue causes a cpu overload.

horizon7 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:55 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:52 pm
win 10 64bit
Yes the exit issue happens to me also it causes a freeze for long time & I have to stop it via task manager, As I’m using windows.
The exit issue causes a cpu overload.
I had already reported the not closing down properly bug, thought it was just me!

the spl iron also has small quirks since the bitwig update 3.3.7. the setting of the rotary controls jump back and forth immediately after touching
and bitwig doesn't save when the plugin is on screen

My SoundToys stuff won't load up in 3.3.7. Just kind of eternally scans them.
-Tom

https://assemblage23.bandcamp.com
http:/helix.bandcamp.com

Return to “Bitwig”