Drones and Drums

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Farting around with some drones al'a the Grendel Drone Commander 2, Infernal Noise Machine, and Deckard's Voice eurorack modules with the Rossum Assimil8or on drums.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bksaiq0isxvlc ... 0Drums.mp3

Enjoyed it - dynamic, driving vibe!

Grendel Drone Commander 2, Infernal Noise Machine, and Deckard's Voice eurorack - had to look those up...never heard of them...they look (and obviously sound) good!

Which one produced the 'vocal style' fast moving chanting synth sound? (well it sounded quite vocalesque to me anyway)!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Interesting track. ambience is like machines at factory. Nice soundscape.

:band2: definitely feel like this would work at a festival!
glowsticks n all :D

ChameleonMusic wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:38 pm Enjoyed it - dynamic, driving vibe!

Grendel Drone Commander 2, Infernal Noise Machine, and Deckard's Voice eurorack - had to look those up...never heard of them...they look (and obviously sound) good!

Which one produced the 'vocal style' fast moving chanting synth sound? (well it sounded quite vocalesque to me anyway)!

Awesome, I'm glad you enjoyed it 8)

Honestly, it's difficult to say which of them was doing the vocal sound, if I had to guess I'd say all of them :) I can say, that only the CS80 clone was actually playing any notes, and that was only part of the time. It was on a switch where its freq control was cycled between a long lfo and the note output of the Rene'2 sequencer. Everything else was mostly just drunkenly staggering between low and hi freq or being controlled by the joysticks on the INM or something else. :lol:

Anyway, thanks for listening and the great comments :)

markkuja wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:14 pm Interesting track. ambience is like machines at factory. Nice soundscape.
Yeah this particular modular gear is really great at the metallic sheen thing, it
doesn't use any tricks to do it either, just ridiculously high frequency. Quite a bit
higher than people can actually hear I believe. But if you've got some pets :lol:

Thanks for listening and the nice comments :)

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:49 pm :band2: definitely feel like this would work at a festival!
glowsticks n all :D
Thanks! I will keep that in mind. There are apparently about 10 eurorack guys on Maui now, I guess.
I suppose that's at least the start of a festival. Tbh, I try not to interact with those guys too much,
as I'm pretty sure they are planning to have a festival at some point. :dog:

Thanks for listening and the great commentary. :)

pekbro wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:36 am
ChameleonMusic wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:38 pm Enjoyed it - dynamic, driving vibe!

Honestly, it's difficult to say which of them was doing the vocal sound, if I had to guess I'd say all of them :) I can say, that only the CS80 clone was actually playing any notes, and that was only part of the time. It was on a switch where its freq control was cycled between a long lfo and the note output of the Rene'2 sequencer. Everything else was mostly just drunkenly staggering between low and hi freq or being controlled by the joysticks on the INM or something else. :lol:

Thanks for the info!

CS80 - possibly the greatest synth I've ever had the privilege of using...borrowed / looked after one for 6 months way back in the late 1980s!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

ChameleonMusic wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:41 pm
pekbro wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:36 am

Thanks for the info!

CS80 - possibly the greatest synth I've ever had the privilege of using...borrowed / looked after one for 6 months way back in the late 1980s!
Sadly, I am not overly familiar with the CS80 beyond the Blade Runner connection. The module is
only a single voice, but it sounds fantastic, definitely. I have nothing else that can really make
sounds like it can. Very possibly I will get another and I am always interested in it's big brother
the Black Corp Deckard's Dream but have yet to manage that one as it's not cheap. I am jealous
though, the charm and mystique of the original will always be lost to me.

Return to “Music Cafe”