File-Menue - no "open last"????

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there any option/hidden thing to activate/show the ESSENTIAL file-order "open last"????
I cant believe that a 2021 SW dont have this entry????? Espacilly modern SWs which organizes the "relevant-"master"-files" in sub/sub-folders-projects.... I think BWS should implement a "native file-manager" for open/save.... and the opens dialog extract/present JUST all the project-files (in the MEGA/HYPER-folder called PROJECTS) not all the unfiltered folder-stuff from finder/explorer/linux....

Not sure, but i thing Adobe Bridge, had have such META-reader, which ignores all sub/sub-folders and other files from the OS-system.... and shows just filtered "relevant" files, ordered by suffix (or "kind") from thousends of sub/sub-folders INSIDE one HYPER-folder. In our case the (hyper, hyper...) BWS-Project-folder as starting point!
There is no limit to "open last "file".... you could also "open last import", open last export/bounce/..."
Also vice-versa... why not "save "duplicate/copy".... of CURRENT project (clips, presets, wav/bounce...) from current project to the project ZZZ in its-own sub/sub-folders ?????

What's wrong with Recent Projects?
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

Karbon L. Forms wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:26 pm What's wrong with Recent Projects?
Ok, i found this "hidden" dashbord option now ;-)
But its still a little bit long-windowed. why not the "recent projects" as a DIRECTLY file-menue item instead this needed extra-clicks for open dashbord and tab to "my name"?

kukident-youth wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:41 am
Karbon L. Forms wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:26 pm What's wrong with Recent Projects?
Ok, i found this "hidden" dashbord option now ;-)
But its still a little bit long-windowed. why not the "recent projects" as a DIRECTLY file-menue item instead this needed extra-clicks for open dashbord and tab to "my name"?
It's EXACTLY the same number of clicks that it would take you otherwise.

Also, in Settings you can set up Bitwig to open at the last project you were working on.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

kukident-youth wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:24 pm Is there any option/hidden thing to activate/show the ESSENTIAL file-order "open last"????
I just click on the bitwig logo on the top of the window and can see the last 30-40 things I worked on.

It's really easy to use. And I also find bitwig the easiest DAW to switch between multiple open projects.

Perhaps you can edit and rephrase your first question? You make it sound like someone killed your dog.

_leras wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:22 am...You make it sound like someone killed your dog.
And we all know how THAT ends... :D

You can see he wasn't aware at all of Recent Projects, I'm sure he never clicked on Bitwig logo either. He's used to doing it old-school, via drop-down menus up top.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:06 am You can see he wasn't aware at all of Recent Projects, I'm sure he never clicked on Bitwig logo either. He's used to doing it old-school, via drop-down menus up top.
Thanks antic! Exact that Was my point. NOW my BWS opens with that TAB and if i just want my (generic) template i just to X it!
Last edited by kukident-youth on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

...ups, doubel, sorry, please delete - thanks!
Last edited by kukident-youth on Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bitwig”