23%
They are too different to properly compare
18%
I prefer another wavetable option
16%

Total votes: 287

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ana 2 is similar to Hive and slightly cheaper on sale.. A joy to work with. I liked Vital but due to my Win 7 system the gui eats too much cpu. My issue not Vital. Win 7 is no longer the standard.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Hive 2 is a great synth for quick work and has a surprising amount of flexibility added via the function and shape gens and a very flexible mod matrix.

the .uhm scripting to generate wavetables is also just an insane feature addition if you want to dig into that while not relying on a complicated "in plugin" wavetable editor cluttering up the interface.

I can’t say anything about Hive, I don’t own it. Vital is much easier to get along than Surge. I have Pigments which is a very powerful option as well, but in the end personally I stick with Bitwigs Grid...

Vital free for quicker sound design and Hive for presets and, when you get used to it, also nice sound design.

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:38 pm
AnX wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:03 pm
dune_rave wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:54 pm Why not choose Dexed and Surge, they are free much longer :)
is dexed a WT synth?
can a synth be noble?
Yeah, if you had GAS.

🙈

vurt wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:37 pm whether tis nobler...

what?
Vital has slings and arrows but Hive costs an outrageous fortune.

SHall1000 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:37 am
vurt wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:37 pm whether tis nobler...

what?
Vital has slings and arrows but Hive costs an outrageous fortune.
nice that the hamlet quotes are quite correct, the only lines i know by heart strange enough, the passage.. (and by the way i am reading it now..)

well, hive and vital, different beasts in my shake-his-spear opinion. different charactes. so.. great to have this difference, i only own (really own..) Vital, Hive i have demoed, but i had to choose, the NI sale.

Fiends,Ronins and Country Bumpkins...

Lend me your soft synths :wink:
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:36 pm Fiends,Ronins and Country Bumpkins...

Lend me your soft synths :wink:
who you calling old man :o

Two great synths. Both are available for Linux. What a wonderful world!

I use Vital. I own Zebra and would like to get deeper into it. I also love Bitwig grid.

WasteLand wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:55 am Hive i have demoed, but i had to choose, the NI sale.
I'm hoping for a sale soon as well! Do they typically have any sales?

killmaster wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:16 pm I'm hoping for a sale soon as well! Do they typically have any sales?
No, but they do permit license transfers, and Hive shows up a lot in the Buy & Sell forum.
I hate signatures too.

killmaster wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:16 pm
WasteLand wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:55 am Hive i have demoed, but i had to choose, the NI sale.
No. Only when they have one. :ud:

Well, IIRC, so far, they only had the Diva birthday sale, and 2 NI sales. And the introductionary price sales, of course. Which... is quite a lot, considering they don't do sales, if I think about it.

chk071 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:21 pm
killmaster wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:16 pm
No. Only when they have one. :ud:

Well, IIRC, so far, they only had the Diva birthday sale, and 2 NI sales. And the introductionary price sales, of course. Which... is quite a lot, considering they don't do sales, if I think about it.
U-he didn't used to do sales... now they do... still not very frequently or on a schedule.

I picked up Repro on the last u-he/NI sale. I've now got the demos of Zebra 2, Hive 2, Diva, & Bazille, to consider for the next sale. Hmmm...

Curiously enough, Bazille did not appear on the last sale, or I would have snapped that up! Probably due to lack of NKS presets...
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”