Native Instruments - Native Access not working (fresh install)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any ideas on how to get native access to detect everything that was installed after changing the paths back to the drive it was previously installed on?

156 not installed, they are all there in the folder... Any auto detect utilities out there?
Web Developer by day, DAW tinkerer by night...

Never mind...
Looks like I needed to export windows registry sections and re-import them to be able to do that...

Let the 3 day download begin...

Imagine if the devs built Native Access and all it's libraries to work like Steam...

MegaPixel wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:07 pm Never mind...
Looks like I needed to export windows registry sections and re-import them to be able to do that...

Let the 3 day download begin...
How did you get the registry export procedure sorted?

surreal wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:08 pm How did you get the registry export procedure sorted?
I didn't I lost my OS drive so that windows registry is gone...

I've made a note in my software/ni folder to export those blocks for insertion into a new windows registry if this ever happens again (which it will). So I've just got to wait 3 or 4 days for native access to finish downloading again.

I'm getting a few gzip decompression errors on some of them...

There are so many problems with NI software...

Here are the 3 registry blocks you need to export and keep safe somewhere for the day you attempt to recover your ni install without re-downloading them all again:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Native Instruments
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Native Instruments
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Native Instruments

I have a backup HD which I plug into a hotswap bay, it stores all my software installers, I've added:

NativeInstruments [dir]
- native access installer exe
- WinRegistryEntries [dir] soon to contain 3 reg files

Just waiting for downloads to finish again, shame there's no option to keep the downloaded installers, I would back them up also.

Thank you very much for the info!

surreal wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:55 pm Thank you very much for the info!
NOTE: Some of them are VSTs so they have to be installed again. Stuff like Massive, MassiveX, Absynth, FM8 etc.

There's a ni-uninstaller tool which doesn't really un-install things but does remove the entries from the windows registry.

So when I run into issues with any native instruments library/package I run that tool, un-install it from the windows registry, run native access again which should detect that it's not installed and give you the option to download and re-install again.

MegaPixel wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:34 pm Just waiting for downloads to finish again, shame there's no option to keep the downloaded installers, I would back them up also.
There's a workaround you could use, though:

1. Start download then pause immediately
2. Go to C: and enable showing hidden files, you will see a NI temporary folder there
3. Inside that temporary folder there's a .metalink file which contains the URL to the ISO

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:38 pm
MegaPixel wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:34 pm Just waiting for downloads to finish again, shame there's no option to keep the downloaded installers, I would back them up also.

2. Go to C: and enable showing hidden files, you will see a NI temporary folder there
3. Inside that temporary folder there's a .metalink file which contains the URL to the ISO
Thank you Mario!

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:38 pm

Nice one!

I've noticed the installers don't obey the folder locations that are setup in native access though... Potentially more issues? But will def be doing some ISO downloads and backing them up. Going to need another backup HD lol

It's a shame they don't give us a full iso download list for making a full local backup.

I had the same problem yesterday, the log in button would not respond after a recent PC rebuild.

I tried all sorts of stuff and nothing worked. Turned off the computer last night and went to bed.

Turned it on again this morning and was expecting all sorts of problems that would need resolving. But clicked the login button for one last desperate try, and, hey presto - it worked ! Go figure.

dellboy wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:48 pm I had the same problem yesterday, the log in button would not respond after a recent PC rebuild.

I tried all sorts of stuff and nothing worked. Turned off the computer last night and went to bed.

Turned it on again this morning and was expecting all sorts of problems that would need resolving. But clicked the login button for one last desperate try, and, hey presto - it worked ! Go figure.
Native Access
A program that is in a release version but is secretly an alpha build which has never been finished...

Book: Computers for dummies
Chapter 1: Learning your OS, software installation, the windows registry, tricks & hacks
Step 1. Install Native Access
And down the rabbit hole we go...

YOU SHOULD HAVE TAKEN THE BLUE PILL NEO!

MegaPixel wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:27 pmI've noticed the installers don't obey the folder locations that are setup in native access though... Potentially more issues? But will def be doing some ISO downloads and backing them up. Going to need another backup HD lol
Hmmmm no issues here regarding that. Which specific paths?

EvilDragon wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:03 pm
MegaPixel wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:27 pmI've noticed the installers don't obey the folder locations that are setup in native access though... Potentially more issues? But will def be doing some ISO downloads and backing them up. Going to need another backup HD lol
Hmmmm no issues here regarding that. Which specific paths?
Looks like lots of issues on Win based OS.
No such problems on MacOS. Not sure if this is due to NI Access or something to do with Win Os...

Return to “Instruments”