Onsets not appearing on certain audio

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can anyone help me to understand why onsets only appear on certain pieces of audio?
I have some kick audio and the onsets appear just fine.
Then I have some hats audio and I cannot seem to get any onsets to appear.
All the same bit depth, same tempo etc.
Frustrated!
Thanks.

scally1138 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:04 pmThen I have some hats audio and I cannot seem to get any onsets to appear.
Unfortunately Bitwig doesn't have a "slider" or "knob" that determines the precision of algorithm that's used to detect onsets and sometimes it simply doesn't "see" them if they're not very pronounced or maybe the signal in itself is quiet. You can always insert them yourself, by making sure you're in "Onsets" mode and simply double-clicking on the waveform where you think an onset should be.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

thanks for your reply.

Try to zoom in a little bit of you can't see the onsets. If you're zoomed out more than a certain amount the onsets are not visible...

Zooming in doesn't resolve this issue unfortunately. It seems very random. I've got a snare part here that has a descent level and only one onset appears on the first snare, the other 15 have no onsets. I am wondering if it might be a technical bug due to me running under Rosetta / Apple Silicon. I will contact support.

scally1138 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:33 amZooming in doesn't resolve this issue unfortunately. It seems very random. I've got a snare part here that has a descent level and only one onset appears on the first snare, the other 15 have no onsets. I am wondering if it might be a technical bug due to me running under Rosetta / Apple Silicon. I will contact support.
...you could also share the sample here and have us test it :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Go on inspector and increase the level of the audio file/loop, then go to onsets, seems to work better this way.

I have tried pumping up the audio level but that has no effect. Onsets just are not appearing on certain audio. I've contacted support anyway. Thanks for your advice.

Return to “Bitwig”