What was your first hardware synthesizer?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mine was a Casio VL-Tone :)

How about you?

1st: Korg Mini-Korg
2nd: ARP AXXE
3rd: SC Pro-One
4th: Moog Memorymoog
5th: Yamaha DX-7
6th: Yamaha DX-7s
7th: Peavey DPM-V3
8th: Crumar Bit-One (US relabeled)
9th: Kawaii 3m
10th: Korg M1
11th: Kawaii K4
12th: EMU MPS +
EMU Proteus FX; Alesis S4; Roland D-110

Korg N5
Korg N1r; Alexis S4/S4+/QSR; PEAVEY DPM V3/V2; EMU Proteus 2000/Ultra-Proteus/Longboard

Korg Triton Extreme; Novation XStation; Roland V-Synth-GT
Yamaha Motif ESr

Korg M3 exp w/Radias
Radias-R; Kronos X; Yamaha Montage

And if I hadn't been robbed more than once and had the room, I probably still have them all (including some that I had more than one at the same time and others that were in storage/repair more than play) plus the non-synth boards like Rhodes, Clavinet, Vox, etc.

I know I did a "Wags" here, but it was fun and this IS KVR.

Pan Toys MC-7 when I was 6 or smtg around that age.

Features: everything made from squarewave, programmable analogue! rhythm, 2 note polyphonic!

It had a built-in speaker which later I transplanted to my own DIY boombox :D

With friends, we used it to record a few avantgarde-electronica :hihi: albums in primary school.
Good old times.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

casio cz 1000 in 1984.
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Roland Juno-60
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Chroma Polaris 1985; it's still in my closet

Yamaha cs1x. Shite. Still got it tucked away, the keys are so yellow it embarrasses me.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Yamaha SY22
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

first i bought was a korg ms2000.
but i had a crappy yamaha thing as a kid, was my uncles before me, 3 snapped keys. had a built in sampler, not great. and drums loop accompaniment, which was all i ever used it for. basic 4/4 through shitty boss distortion :band:

with a bontempi reed organ, with blu tac holding down some low notes for a bass :lol:

:oops:

Roland SH1000

bluedad does your chroma polaris still work? That was the favorite hybrid poly analog that I ever owned.

Access Virus KB. I think I got it in 2001. Tried to use it last year, but the f***er won't boot. :x

moog prodigy and akai ax80

Radio Shack/Realistic/Moog Concertmate MG-1. My dad bought it back in '81 because he thought it would be cool to mess around with, and I basically took ownership of it.

Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:33 pm Radio Shack/Realistic/Moog Concertmate MG-1. My dad bought it back in '81 because he thought it would be cool to mess around with, and I basically took ownership of it.

my uncle who i got the yamaha off had something that looked similar, but we don't have radio shack? so not sure how he would have one.
i wasn't allowed near that, although after he went away to the army, he came back one time on leave, with a buchla easel. i got about 5 mins with that :cry:

he has some sort of moog these days, but lives overseas, so i don't care :lol:

vurt wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:48 pm my uncle who i got the yamaha off had something that looked similar, but we don't have radio shack? so not sure how he would have one.
Maybe it was a Moog Rogue or Prodigy?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”