Stay well clear....

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
AnX
KVRAF
9128 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:10 pm

elxsound wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:17 pm
Unfortunately, reporting after the fact is the way to go
common sense is the way to go

anyone who does not check out a user and uses F&F deserves to be ripped off for being stupid

User avatar
KVRist
74 posts since 10 Jan, 2016 from California

Post Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:02 pm

AnX wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:10 pm
elxsound wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:17 pm
Unfortunately, reporting after the fact is the way to go
common sense is the way to go

anyone who does not check out a user and uses F&F deserves to be ripped off for being stupid
You got issues if you think anyone “deserves to be ripped off” for any reason. Remind me not to buy anything from this guy. ^^

People make mistakes.
Thanks for the heads up. Live and learn.

KVRist
355 posts since 18 Sep, 2008

Post Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:20 pm

AmuroFord wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:02 pm
AnX wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:10 pm
elxsound wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:17 pm
Unfortunately, reporting after the fact is the way to go
common sense is the way to go

anyone who does not check out a user and uses F&F deserves to be ripped off for being stupid
You got issues if you think anyone “deserves to be ripped off” for any reason. Remind me not to buy anything from this guy. ^^

People make mistakes.
Thanks for the heads up. Live and learn.
Exactly. That particular perversion of "fool me twice" (or just the whole "stupid people should suffer" bit) is the domain of dark triad types who wish to ease their conscience. Big yikes.

KVRian
1307 posts since 15 Oct, 2005 from The Far North

Post Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:53 pm

:roll:
AnX wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:10 pm
elxsound wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:17 pm
Unfortunately, reporting after the fact is the way to go
common sense is the way to go

anyone who does not check out a user and uses F&F deserves to be ripped off for being stupid
I think the OP heard you the first time, jeez :roll:

AnX
KVRAF
9128 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:59 pm

I wasn't talking to the OP, try learning to read

User avatar
KVRAF
2555 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:30 am

AnX wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:08 am
evileye wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:00 am
I’ve been a member on this forum for a long time.
then you should know better
zero sympathy
Yeah as you must do whatever it takes to keep up that "badass" reputation right ?
Forward ever, Backward never

AnX
KVRAF
9128 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:55 am

wasn't aware I had one

KVRist
70 posts since 4 Feb, 2019

Post Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:02 am

If you paid by CC or debit card using PayPal, contact them and have them stop that charge to PP.

User avatar
KVRist
68 posts since 11 May, 2016 from Spain

Post Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:16 am

MogwaiBoy wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:09 pm
I am now telling people who ask for Friends & Family payment "Sorry, no, it's against the forum guidelines".

Can we make it an official policy?
I don't think we should punish everyone for someone's lack of due diligence.

I have bought some pretty expensive stuff over KVR, and doing a quick search on the feedback thread has made it totally risk free for me.

I will take a gamble on someone with zero feedback only on a cheap item, but spending a large amount on someone without any kind of feedback is incredibly foolish of the OP. I absolutely feel for him, but this life-lesson did not need to be so harsh.

However, when ever I offer to buy something I always make it clear that it is up to them whether they want to use F&F or G&S.

I mean, it's like using a condom. If one person wants to use one, then it must happen regardless.

KVRAF
27805 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:26 am

The only situation I understand why you'd use the F & F option is when the asking price is, like, $20 or lower. Otherwise, there is absolutely zero necessity to use it.

Although I'm sure that's already been said hundreds of times.

The other way to make safe business here is to have an eye on - the amount of time the person is registered; the amount of posts; feedback in the Sell & Buy feedback thread.

Although I'm sure that's already been said hundreds of times as well.

Not trying to be a smartass, it's just that I don't get why people always fall for scammers again. I know that you can even go wrong with long lasting members here, but, the possibility is SO much lower.
Plugins and a DAW. On an operating system. Which runs on a computer.

KVRist
92 posts since 12 Oct, 2020

Post Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:37 am

I now only buy from someone with at least a year on the forum and 4 feedbacks minimum

KVRist
259 posts since 14 Sep, 2016

Post Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:57 am

I've found the best way to deal with F&F people is to say "Sorry, I don't pay with Friends and Family. I'm willing to pay an additional 5% to cover the fees, if that works for you just let me know".

I feel like the additional 5% is worth the security, and anyone who's scared away by that most likely isn't legit. I haven't had one issue here on KVR, love the community and the second hand market here, it's second to none.

KVRer
19 posts since 30 Dec, 2020

Post Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:10 pm

10bd01 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:57 am
I've found the best way to deal with F&F people is to say "Sorry, I don't pay with Friends and Family. I'm willing to pay an additional 5% to cover the fees, if that works for you just let me know".

I feel like the additional 5% is worth the security, and anyone who's scared away by that most likely isn't legit. I haven't had one issue here on KVR, love the community and the second hand market here, it's second to none.
I'm not in the "F&F side" but most buyers won't pay additional 5% paypal fee

User avatar
KVRAF
6408 posts since 18 Aug, 2007 from NYC

Post Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:38 pm

AnX wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:55 am
wasn't aware I had one
I wasn't aware you had one either.

I took it more like a "GET OFF MY LAWN" or " SLOW DOWN, YOU HIPPIES" type of response.

Anyway, as much as you have to make your point my worry is that the next time it happens (and it will happen again) they're not going to want to warn us.

These people tend to have a number of scams and they're usually not limited to just one forum, so I rather not badger to death someone who already lost a couple hundred.

KVRAF
27805 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:59 pm

jcolle wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:10 pm
10bd01 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:57 am
I've found the best way to deal with F&F people is to say "Sorry, I don't pay with Friends and Family. I'm willing to pay an additional 5% to cover the fees, if that works for you just let me know".

I feel like the additional 5% is worth the security, and anyone who's scared away by that most likely isn't legit. I haven't had one issue here on KVR, love the community and the second hand market here, it's second to none.
I'm not in the "F&F side" but most buyers won't pay additional 5% paypal fee
No wonder. It's a seller's fee, not a buyer's fee.

I never told someone that he should pay my bank account fees either.

Just calculate it into the asking price. No problem at all.

I really don't know why people have such a problem with 5 % on top of 100 or 200 €.
Plugins and a DAW. On an operating system. Which runs on a computer.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”