Which emulation to buy?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A Synth Bass can be anything and we're all biased anyway - but I just got fresh impulses from 2010> Reaktor Ensembles. NI anyway. And although I'm tempted not to recommend them.

And DCO106. Maybe Repro. Oscar.

And I would mention that it"s mainly about the filters for what ever kind of synthesis.

Hi again. Thanks for all the suggestions. I have been through them now, and I think the Repros are for me. Especially Repro-1 can be convinced to deliver my analogish basses more than just decent with a few tweaks. I am impressed. Don't know what happened when DIVA was relased in the days. I have demoed it so many times because in theory, I should love it, but it just didn't happen. Now I am glad to see that Urs also has some high quality emulation stuff for me. Two great synths in one package at a price that will hardly bankrupt anyone. Thank you, Urs. Great job.

Thanks again for your guidance, fellows.
Take care, and happy music making

Kind Regards
Gothi
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

Repro is a great choice. Like others have posted don't overlook Tal (Juno, Jupiter and SH-101 emulations) and Synapse (for Minimoog and OB-X). The Korg Odyssey is another favorite of mine.

vurt wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:27 pm obsession or the legend? from synapse.
both get a lot of good things said
The Legend is part of the Synapse RE bundle which ocassionally can be had for 50% off
and then imo is a real bargain and a half - and the Legend sounds absolutely superb indeed, I think.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Yeah, man! My Panorama Nektar P4 recognizes the Repros instantly and lays out their functions by default :wheee: That is deffo not all VSTis, it will recognize and not a few of the REs either. After 5 years away from software, things deffo feels more easy now a days. :phones:

Edit: Oh...it only recognizes the Pro-1. Nothing happens when I switch to 5 :? A pity, but at least my new little bass synth is layed out.
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

Repro-1/5 is wonderful.

I like Diva too but I do think it's a little let down by a GUI that hasn't aged super super well (so I use the aiko third party skin) and an inferior (still serviceable) FX section compared to the lovely stompbox style fx in repro (and that gorgeous polyphonic distortion in repro-5 that replaces the wavefolder stompbox that I'm sure would sound terrible with intermodulation distortion)

zerocrossing wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:06 am
Teksonik wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:37 am Do yourself a favor and save time...just buy them all at once. :tu:
It’s the only way to know you didn’t buy the wrong one.
Oh, in that case you bought more wrong than right ones, as only one was right...

Glad the op didn't listen to that advice...

why waste your money on a limited emulation?

buy something more versatile

Why would I do that when I want a limited emulation?

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:25 am Why would I do that when I want a limited emulation?
no idea, you haven't explained why you want a limited emulation (unless I missed that post)

You did, mate. It is on page 2, but I can put it here as well:
TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:44 am It is not like I want specific emulations and precision, just one that provides me the analog basics as authentically as can be. There are some jobs (especiallly synth bass), where I hope I can find a good emulation instead of replacing a VA with a hardware analog in the end. It is an extra job due to me being picky about those basses. ACE, Tyrell6 and TAL-Noisemaker already go far for my needs, but I'd love to go just a little bit further with an even better emulation. Kind of luxury wish for the synths mentioned already work for all practical purposes but I am just so picky with the basses.

Well I guess specifically for bass sounds.... I would buy a hardware synth. (not me personally, have plenty already, but you know what I mean)

Is our signature visible to you? You should find Deepmind 6, Bodyssey and Polivoks mentioned. As the quoted post says: The point is that I'd love an emulation that would be good enough to not always feel inclined to replace a VA bass with hardware in the end. It is an extra job to always replace them with hardware, when you already have the tune ready . A decrease in amount of replacements would be welcome.

Besides, as mentioned, the deed is already done, and we are happy owners of Repro now :party:

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:08 pm Hi again. Thanks for all the suggestions. I have been through them now, and I think the Repros are for me. Especially Repro-1 can be convinced to deliver my analogish basses more than just decent with a few tweaks. I am impressed. Don't know what happened when DIVA was relased in the days. I have demoed it so many times because in theory, I should love it, but it just didn't happen. Now I am glad to see that Urs also has some high quality emulation stuff for me. Two great synths in one package at a price that will hardly bankrupt anyone. Thank you, Urs. Great job.

Thanks again for your guidance, fellows.
Take care, and happy music making

Kind Regards
Gothi
Repro hast made me be interested in analogue emulations again. And it is different. Others don't have that grip in the filters. It's great for percussive stuff and quiet rude in the lowend. The harmonics - that dryness - are sometimes not what you are looking for - but quiet unique and interesting in so far.

Waveforms of 1 and 5 are different btw. Make a SC Wavetable and your WT Synth sounds like Repro ...

Have fun!

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:37 am Is our signature visible to you?
no, sigs are turned off

TribeOfHǫfuð wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:37 am
Besides, as mentioned, the deed is already done, and we are happy owners of Repro now :party:
cool, you can lock the thread then :tu:

Return to “Instruments”