Bitwig Circle

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Apparently a new thing from Bitwig, where Bitwig users get some special offers from "partners"
We collaborate with selected partners to give nice things and create extra value for you, the Bitwig creators. The Bitwig Circle program takes off with special offers from our friends at Loopcloud and TuneCore.
For now LoopCloud and TuneCore:

https://www.bitwig.com/circle/
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

How many of you got the e-mail from Bitwig and thought 'here we go- Bitwig 4!'

Seam's like everyone is at the cross-promotion stuff, I cant move for free stuff ;-) I upgraded an izotope bundle and got a year of Groove3 videos free!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

When I saw the name I thought more of Presonus Sphere, and wondered if they were going to offer monthly subsriptions.
But yes, a 3.4 or 4.0 announcement would be nice. Getting closer to the end of my current year. Bought early May, so I've had 3.2 and 3.3, but I don't think I'm going to get a third update fully released within my year.

antic604 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:09 pm Apparently a new thing from Bitwig, where Bitwig users get some special offers from "partners"
We collaborate with selected partners to give nice things and create extra value for you, the Bitwig creators. The Bitwig Circle program takes off with special offers from our friends at Loopcloud and TuneCore.
For now LoopCloud and TuneCore:

https://www.bitwig.com/circle/
Not just existing BWS users but anyone signing up at loopcloud seems to get a free 8 track Bitwig license.
That should generate some potential new customers for BWS.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Nothing new really, it’s the same as if
we subscribe to the loop cloud The only difference is 4 free Sample packs & free trial.

There should be a native bitwig system for sample packs that they should design instruments sampled based & to be customized to work exclusively for BWS users.

The Grid should also have there own library & start to build customized GUI with complete designs opened for BWS users & 3rd party Contributions.

This definitely will impact how people think &
re-think about BWS & the community will get bigger & again exclusively to BWS users.

We need to sound different than other
DAW users we have lots of options in here with the BWS heaven & already available devices in addition to modularity universe.

But if Loop cloud has specific potential for BWS users that is great.

Anyway I hope that next major update will not take too long I’m excited.

Thanks BW for the extra regularly
updated samples. :)

Sadly this is a super unexciting development and it's hard shake the feeling that this isn't what anyone using the program really cares about. It reeks of "looking for additional revenue sources" and not much else.

mholloway wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:45 am Sadly this is a super unexciting development and it's hard shake the feeling that this isn't what anyone using the program really cares about. It reeks of "looking for additional revenue sources" and not much else.
Yea, I sadly agree. I know that in the past people have asked for more sound content but this seems like a really 'un-Bitwig' way of going about that. Why not focus on e.g. making Grid patches more portable and building up a Reaktor-type library instead? I don't want to install a janky 3rd party plugin with 3 trillion boring loops that keeps asking me to pay for things; I invested in Bitwig from the beginning specifically to get away from that side of music production, which I find draining and creatively stifling.

Having said all that - presumably the Bitwig team have done a lot more research than me, so I hope it works out for them and brings in some more users.
Last edited by Hez on Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

It's just cross-marketing of free shit, its not mandatory! It probably took someone a few hours to add it to the web site (which I notice has changed a lot recently) they just add perceived value to some new users starting out (maybe). Like I say, everyone seems to be doing it.. it more about 'sales and marketing' than DAW development.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:14 am It's just cross-marketing of free shit, its not mandatory! It probably took someone a few hours to add it to the web site (which I notice has changed a lot recently) they just add perceived value to some new users starting out (maybe). Like I say, everyone seems to be doing it.. it more about 'sales and marketing' than DAW development.
Yeah you're right, I'm overreacting a bit, grouchy morning posting is never a good idea :lol:

Though I do find this sort of marketing pretty exploitative sometimes. Nobody needs access to that many samples, it doesn't actually help you finish tracks. I really like Bitwig's marketing most of the time - it's honest about what the software does, it doesn't pretend that it's the 'next secret weapon for becoming a Beatport Top 100 producer'. I guess that's why this promotion annoyed me a bit, feels too close to that Cymatics side of marketing & promotion which is all 'gimme your cash' and no substance.

mholloway wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:45 am Sadly this is a super unexciting development and it's hard shake the feeling that this isn't what anyone using the program really cares about. It reeks of "looking for additional revenue sources" and not much else.
Harsh....!

I don't think it's true, it's just both companies reaching out to the other ones mailing list. Not sure it needed to elicit such a cynical response...

Well, I'm on BWS 1 and I did some research yesterday. I was really surprised what they got in there since vers 1. Expected a bit of a mess, but it looks neat IMO. Sure planning an upgrade this year.

Hez wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:56 am
Yea, I sadly agree. I know that in the past people have asked for more sound content but this seems like a really 'un-Bitwig' way of going about that. Why not focus on e.g. making Grid patches more portable and building up a Reaktor-type library instead? I don't want to install a janky 3rd party plugin with 3 trillion boring loops that keeps asking me to pay for things; I invested in Bitwig from the beginning specifically to get away from that side of music production, which I find draining and creatively stifling.

Having said all that - presumably the Bitwig team have done a lot more research than me, so I hope it works out for them and brings in some more users.
Yes I agree with you they should leave the sample pack direction for now,
& focus more on the functional features, we have lots of samples already.
unless this doesn't take effort from them & leave this job for Loop Masters.

BWS began to feel more like a sample pack based DAW, we need a dynamic samples that can be musically playable as instruments with solid feeling.

In fact a sample pack took enough space from BWS structure. I recommend to leave a room for other areas.

If they are focusing on this part currently, the next major update might be delayed I guess.
Last edited by horizon7 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tim and The Glory Boys love the Bitwig Circle

SpaceCadetOnLeave wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:27 pm Tim and The Glory Boys love the Bitwig Circle
What does this even mean??!

The thing about this that feels weird to me is that they branded it. Cross-promotion is nothing new, and it's fine. But announcing this new thing called Circle feels like it should be more interesting than some free sample packs. I honestly wouldn't mind if it were, or turned into, something like Presonus Sphere.

Return to “Bitwig”