Stay well clear....

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
KVRist
73 posts since 10 Jan, 2016 from California

Post Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:32 pm

The appeal here, for me, at KVR is the ability to negotiate and deal directly with buyers and sellers. When you have a “free market” like this, there are inherent risks, especially if you don’t do your due diligence. But I especially like that there are a lack of middle men and imposed policies. I vote to keep it that way despite the occasional misuse of power (and poor communication from some). I’ve been scammed here before for over $500, but I had buyer protection and I received my money back. If you are skeptical, cover your ass and negotiate the fees privately. We can look out for each other when something goes wrong, but ultimately each of us are responsible for ourselves. I appreciate the OP took that attitude from jump. My 2 cents.

KVRist
256 posts since 14 Sep, 2016

Post Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:10 pm

chk071 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:59 pm
jcolle wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:10 pm
10bd01 wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:57 am
I've found the best way to deal with F&F people is to say "Sorry, I don't pay with Friends and Family. I'm willing to pay an additional 5% to cover the fees, if that works for you just let me know".

I feel like the additional 5% is worth the security, and anyone who's scared away by that most likely isn't legit. I haven't had one issue here on KVR, love the community and the second hand market here, it's second to none.
I'm not in the "F&F side" but most buyers won't pay additional 5% paypal fee
No wonder. It's a seller's fee, not a buyer's fee.

I never told someone that he should pay my bank account fees either.

Just calculate it into the asking price. No problem at all.

I really don't know why people have such a problem with 5 % on top of 100 or 200 €.
Agreed. I would much prefer this. I think that some people asking for F&F (the one's not attempting to scam people) probably see themselves as trustworthy and don't see a problem with asking for it; they likely want to keep their pricing low to remain competitive and at the same time don't want to pay a fee they feel is unnecessary (knowing themselves to be trustworthy).

This is one of the benefits of using Knobcloud IMO - F&F doesn't even factor into the equation so it's much more straightforward. Prices here on KVR remain the most competitive in my experience (though if you know of a site with more competitive pricing, do share!), but maybe Knobcloud will get there with time.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”