broken beat and broken music ... 2:10min - give it a try

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Spring Goose wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:09 pm What synth/s are you using?
hi spring goose,
I only use REASON with the built-in synths on every track (because I don't have anything else). except for the last piece (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=563231) i used the px7 (it is a dx7 imitator) which is the only synth i bought in addition (made by the same company), i also have a few freeware synths that are never used because they somehow don't really fit (for my ears) the sound of the reason synths, filters and effects.
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Love this! Yep, definitely warpy :hihi: Good work :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

tomtom1 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:42 am
hi spring goose,
I only use REASON with the built-in synths on every track (because I don't have anything else). except for the last piece (viewtopic.php?f=14&t=563231) i used the px7 (it is a dx7 imitator) which is the only synth i bought in addition (made by the same company), i also have a few freeware synths that are never used because they somehow don't really fit (for my ears) the sound of the reason synths, filters and effects.
oh cool, good show, you've made a good noise using Reason synths :)

jethrobull wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:49 am Love this! Yep, definitely warpy :hihi: Good work :tu:
Thanks for the kind words. Glad you liked it. Thanks for listening.
myself in 2022

Spring Goose wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:36 am
tomtom1 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:42 am
oh cool, good show, you've made a good noise using Reason synths :)
the program definitely has its flaws. meanwhile I am quite happy with it. and the old subtractor synth (already 20 years old) just sounds really good and retro. Unfortunately it is only in mono, has no effects - you have to add everything yourself - very instructive but also cumbersome :)
myself in 2022

Yeah i have Reason 10, but i've switched onto Bitwig now. Thinking about getting Reason 11 when it comes back on sale.

Spring Goose wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:23 am Yeah i have Reason 10, but i've switched onto Bitwig now. Thinking about getting Reason 11 when it comes back on sale.
ah ok, then you know the strenghts and problems :D
if you are already familiar with bitwig, then it might be worth using Reason only as a vst-rack (for the sounds). It is possible with version 11. but they intruduced Reason+ a subscription-model (and cancelled Intro and Suite-Versions). i am a bit worried that 11 could be the last "real" version and everything new will be exclusive to the online-service.
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:21 am
Spring Goose wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:23 am Yeah i have Reason 10, but i've switched onto Bitwig now. Thinking about getting Reason 11 when it comes back on sale.
if you are already familiar with bitwig, then it might be worth using Reason only as a vst-rack (for the sounds). It is possible with version 11. but they intruduced Reason+ a subscription-model (and cancelled Intro and Suite-Versions). i am a bit worried that 11 could be the last "real" version and everything new will be exclusive to the online-service.
I didn't realise they cancelled intro and suite versions. The subscription model is a tad expensive i thought, if it were me using it.

Spring Goose wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:09 am
I didn't realise they cancelled intro and suite versions. The subscription model is a tad expensive i thought, if it were me using it.

just saw it by accident. that's too much money for me too, all these online services are a horror for me - and from time to time you might want to watch something on the video streaming portals - and then you have to pay (monthly) again...
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:49 pm

just saw it by accident. that's too much money for me too, all these online services are a horror for me - and from time to time you might want to watch something on the video streaming portals - and then you have to pay (monthly) again...
Subscription models are now all over this and many other industries...I absolutely hate it and refuse to use them whatsoever! :)

They are designed to 'suck you in' with cheap - sounding deals and introductory offers and then bit by bit will slowly and surely bleed you dry! :borg:

I've got my setup now, I'm happy with it and sticking to it for the next 10 years at least- my studio PC doesn't even have the internet unless I plugin a USB wifi stick for very occasional updates and maintenance!

Just in case you hadn't picked it up - I have serious issues with subscription models! :help: :ud:
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

i subscribed to a model once.
i say subscribed to, i mean "stalked" :o

ChameleonMusic wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:11 pm
tomtom1 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:49 pm

Subscription models are now all over this and many other industries...I absolutely hate it and refuse to use them whatsoever! :)

They are designed to 'suck you in' with cheap - sounding deals and introductory offers and then bit by bit will slowly and surely bleed you dry! :borg:

I've got my setup now, I'm happy with it and sticking to it for the next 10 years at least- my studio PC doesn't even have the internet unless I plugin a USB wifi stick for very occasional updates and maintenance!

Just in case you hadn't picked it up - I have serious issues with subscription models! :help: :ud:
i don't like them too. and especially in the pop-music-area for hobbyist like me it is an absolute no-go.
myself in 2022

Return to “Music Cafe”