Anyone know if Alchemy on Logic has the same presets as the original PC version

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been hanging onto Windows 7 on my music PC for years as I love Alchemy however eventually I'm going to have to give this up. I was wondering if the same presets on the old PC version are available on the Mac Logic version?

I'll try to answer as best I can from memory (it's been years since I moved from PC to Mac/Logic). Short answer is yes, the same legacy presets are available. IIRC, the legacy presets had to be downloaded separately at the time. However, do note that there have been some architectural changes and new features/enhancements added to Alchemy since it became a Logic instrument, and I do recall some discussion of patches sounding slightly different, I think primarily with performance modulations (modwheel, XY pad, etc.). I can't say that I personally noticed them, and I don't think that they are very substantial.

Also, I should note that I had some minor issues getting all of my Alchemy expansions from my PC to my Mac and working properly in the Logic Alchemy version (I don't recall exactly what the problem was or what my workaround was, sorry). But, I do know that there are a couple of 3rd party expansions that I was not able to get working in the Logic version.

Again, that's probably not terribly helpful, but hopefully someone else (with a better memory :P) can clarify/confirm.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Alchemy still works fine in Windows 10 if that is a concern. I no longer use it in new projects but it hasn't given issues in old stuff I open.

I have every single expansion made for Alchemy and they all work still in the Logic version

Great news about Logic and it would be good news about Windows 10 but I forgot to download the installer when Alchemy disappeared from PC!! Nightmare now I've found it works on W10. Is there any way round this if I did upgrade to W10

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I will PM you the installer.

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:24 pm I have every single expansion made for Alchemy and they all work still in the Logic version
Did you just copy the files over to your Mac and it works?

I've got Alchemy 1.5 on my old laptop windwos 8.1 install and was thinking of perhaps migrating these to Alchemy 2 but was unsure of how to go about this. What about the license files? Are those needed in the same folders?
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:43 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:24 pm I have every single expansion made for Alchemy and they all work still in the Logic version
Did you just copy the files over to your Mac and it works?

I've got Alchemy 1.5 on my old laptop windwos 8.1 install and was thinking of perhaps migrating these to Alchemy 2 but was unsure of how to go about this. What about the license files? Are those needed in the same folders?
I've always kept my Alchemy data folder on an external drive so it's setup with the right folder structure and license files all together. If you have installed 1.5 on Mac and set the right data path, Alchemy in Mac will also read that path providing you also set it to show legacy presets.

Ok. I have it unfortunately installed on Windows.. but I'll have to check my installers and see if I happen to have the final mac installer available.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:57 pm I will PM you the installer.
Bro you are an absolute legend holy cow :hail: :hail: :hail:

Just an update thanks to Evildragon and Stjohnbaxter I have Alchemy installed and running on a Windows 10 PC. This is outrageous that this could possibly have happened!!!!! Massively appreciated I can now upgrade my Music PC to W10 :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Do you know if it’s possible to purchase any of the alchemy soundbanks now? Or is everything discontinued?

Would love to find out a way to get them and import into the logic version if it’s still possible. Alchemy is a very underrated Synth!

You can no longer purchase the original sound libraries. I don't have them all, but glad I have a lot of them. I still use Alchemy.

You may still be able to find some sites with their own personal libraries. You can grab libraries from CHE (Future1313 on KVR) here http://ohlenbostelhelge.magix.net/public/alchemy.htm

iPlogger wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:45 pm You can no longer purchase the original sound libraries. I don't have them all, but glad I have a lot of them. I still use Alchemy.

You may still be able to find some sites with their own personal libraries. You can grab libraries from CHE (Future1313 on KVR) here http://ohlenbostelhelge.magix.net/public/alchemy.htm
Also a number of third party sound designers created some of the best banks - in particular Patchpool and Yuroun

Can't seem to find Yuroun any more, but Patchpool still sells the old banks as well a newer one for Alchemy 2

https://www.patchpool.net/alchemy_shop.html

Yeah. I was going to mention Yuroun, but he shutdown his site maybe two years ago. Glad I own several of his libraries. They were very good.

Good call on Patchpool. Know of any others?

Return to “Instruments”