Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Hello Attila!
Constant and stable crash ... Percussion generator / generator / rhythm editor (pencil) / manual selection in the rhythm generator menu. Аnd many more actions with a percussion generator.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lulukom on Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fyi:Studio One has had a major update to 5.2.
If I now drag RapidComposer.vst3 (4.1.2) into Studio One as a new instrument, then Studio One will freeze.
The vst2 version works ok.

Cheers,
Xpoes

W10, Reaper, Intel Core i7 9700F (8x Core) @4.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, 32 GB RAM, FluidAudio SRI-2, Nektar Impact LX61+

Hi Attila.
Possible bug with RC 'forgetting vsti'
1. In standalone start composition with vsti added to tracks.
2. Save file and close RC
3. In DAW, add the RC vst3 plugin (routing the midi to other track(s) in the DAW)
4. Open the file previously created in standalone (in the DAW plugin)
5. Save DAW project (no file save chosen in the RC plugin, just the DAW project)
6. Open RC standalone and open composition file previously created in standalone
Result - vsti no longer apperas in track in the standalone
Not sure if this is a bug as presumably the action of saving DAW file auto saves any track instrument back to the RC file and when opening again in RC, there will be no vsti information as when in the DAW, the tracks are 'Host' where the instrument is as the plugin has no need for vsti tracks.

Would be nice if there was a way for RC to remember the file settings for use in standalone after the file had been used in the RC DAW plugin (assuming the plugin 'file save' has not been done)

Workaround is to save a base copy for using in the standalone and a copy for use in the DAW.
You can add the vstis back in of course (assuming you labled the track and can remember what they were)!

I've also noticed a situation when using purely standalone and "another instance of ..." for the vsti.
When opening the file again, there is sometimes more than one track that now shares the same instance rather than its own. I'll try to reproduce this in another video

Made a short clip to illustrate:
https://youtu.be/RUj3G0QNAKI

Cheers.
Mike.

Hello Attila!
Constantly repeating Crash when working with a percussion generator (select a rhythm from the drop-down menu and many more actions with a percussion generator).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi Mike,

This is not really a bug, this is how it works, but there is a solution. When you load a composition into the plug-in, it will set all instruments to a host MIDI channel, because at the moment it is not possible to use VST instruments in the plug-in.

If you go back in history (press undo twice) the composition with the plug-ins will be restored. Click on the History tab:

Thanks,
Attila
Mykyndryd_ wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:46 pm Hi Attila.
Possible bug with RC 'forgetting vsti'

Hi lulukom,

today I have fixed all crashes with pop-up menus on macOS. Expect both a beta version and a stable version update soon...

Thanks,
Attila
lulukom wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:42 am Hello Attila!
Constantly repeating Crash when working with a percussion generator (select a rhythm from the drop-down menu and many more actions with a percussion generator).

If you go back in history
Hi Attila - I've never noticed the history tab until you pointed that out just now.
DOH! :dog:

Cheers.
Mike.

Well, I could not reproduce this one. S1 5.2 worked with both RC v4.1.2 and v4.1.3.
Thanks,
Attila
xpoes wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:26 am Fyi:Studio One has had a major update to 5.2.
If I now drag RapidComposer.vst3 (4.1.2) into Studio One as a new instrument, then Studio One will freeze.

Cheers,

Hi Mike,
no problem! The 'history' tab is not used much. I am planning to move it into a browser (History browser :)) to the rest of the browsers, docked on the right side.
Thanks,
Attila

I have issue with drag & drop on 4k monitor, windows 10, 150% interface scaling (reccomended value). This is VST version v4.1.3 hosted in Bitwig studio 3.3.7. Basically drag & drop location is shifted somewhere outside of the actual location. On the other side VST version has super tiny interface compared to the standalone one. Here is video for demontration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-4sBL8j_II
BTW drag & drop works correctly only when windows interface scaling is set to 100%, but obviously on 4k monitor, this makes everything almost unusable, so this is not a workaround.

EDIT: Another recording, which shows better, how the drag & drop location is shifted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTd1pr5qF74

EDIT 2: Looks like, I found solution to fix this issue in Bitwig. You have to go to the Bitwig settings > Plug-ins and uncheck "Plug-in Interface Scaling" at the top. So far I didn't notice any issues with other plugins cased by changing this setting.

EDIT 3: Actually I found an issue, some plugins have blurred interface with the disabled setting "Plug-in Interface Scaling".
Last edited by JazJazgot on Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
I'm having a lot of fun!

musicdevelopments wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:12 pm Well, I could not reproduce this one. S1 5.2 worked with both RC v4.1.2 and v4.1.3.
Thanks,
Attila
xpoes wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:26 am Fyi:Studio One has had a major update to 5.2.

Cheers,
I started a fresh project, and indeed, there was no freeze. :)
The problem with the channel selector not showing up in the VST3 version, as opposed to the VST2 version where it does show up, is still there..

Xpoes

W10, Reaper, Intel Core i7 9700F (8x Core) @4.7GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970, 32 GB RAM, FluidAudio SRI-2, Nektar Impact LX61+

xpoes wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:30 pm The problem with the channel selector not showing up in the VST3 version, as opposed to the VST2 version where it does show up, is still there..
Right, but the situation is the same for all other VST3 plug-ins with MIDI output only. This worked the same way in previous versions of Studio One.

On the other hand I was not able to route different tracks from RapidComposer VST3 to different instrument tracks in Studio One. I think I'll contact PreSonus and will ask about this. It would be good to have a channel selector.

On another forum I found similar issues:
https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?top ... #msg174180

Thanks,
Attila

JazJazgot wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:29 pm I have issue with drag & drop on 4k monitor, windows 10, 150% interface scaling (reccomended value). This is VST version v4.1.3 hosted in Bitwig studio 3.3.7. Basically drag & drop location is shifted somewhere outside of the actual location.
Yes, I managed to reproduce this in Bitwig. On the other hand the RC plug-in works well in REAPER and Studio One, on 150% scaling, so I am not sure if/how I could fix this. The error in the mouse position is the 1/3rd of the window x and y coordinates counted from the screen left top corner (the 50% in the 150% scaling...).

Honestly the Windows interface scaling is a hack. It will scale up bitmaps which will make them blurry. So all bitmap-based UIs will look blurry (RC, Ableton, Mixcraft, DP9, a few that I tried). The solution is to click on "Change High DPI Settings" in the executable properties and to override High DPI scaling behavior for the application. However this cannot be done for plug-ins, only for applications.

The RapidComposer UI is scaled based on the selected font size (under Settings / User Interface). Everything scales, since vector graphics is used, so I always recommend to choose a big font for 4K screens to have readable labels and sharp graphics. But there is no good solution when one plug-in can scale its UI, but the other cannot.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:14 pm
JazJazgot wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:29 pm I have issue with drag & drop on 4k monitor, windows 10, 150% interface scaling (reccomended value). This is VST version v4.1.3 hosted in Bitwig studio 3.3.7. Basically drag & drop location is shifted somewhere outside of the actual location.
Yes, I managed to reproduce this in Bitwig. On the other hand the RC plug-in works well in REAPER and Studio One, on 150% scaling, so I am not sure if/how I could fix this. The error in the mouse position is the 1/3rd of the window x and y coordinates counted from the screen left top corner (the 50% in the 150% scaling...).

Honestly the Windows interface scaling is a hack. It will scale up bitmaps which will make them blurry. So all bitmap-based UIs will look blurry (RC, Ableton, Mixcraft, DP9, a few that I tried). The solution is to click on "Change High DPI Settings" in the executable properties and to override High DPI scaling behavior for the application. However this cannot be done for plug-ins, only for applications.

The RapidComposer UI is scaled based on the selected font size (under Settings / User Interface). Everything scales, since vector graphics is used, so I always recommend to choose a big font for 4K screens to have readable labels and sharp graphics. But there is no good solution when one plug-in can scale its UI, but the other cannot.

Thanks,
Attila
Bitwig theoretically has ability to disable scaling for particular plugins/manufacturers (context menu in the devices browser), but unfortunately this feature currently doesn't work. I raised support ticket for this problem and I hope it will be solved soon.
I'm having a lot of fun!

musicdevelopments wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:19 pm
xpoes wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:30 pm The problem with the channel selector not showing up in the VST3 version, as opposed to the VST2 version where it does show up, is still there..
Right, but the situation is the same for all other VST3 plug-ins with MIDI output only. This worked the same way in previous versions of Studio One.

On the other hand I was not able to route different tracks from RapidComposer VST3 to different instrument tracks in Studio One. I think I'll contact PreSonus and will ask about this. It would be good to have a channel selector.

On another forum I found similar issues:
https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?top ... #msg174180

Thanks,
Attila
Thank you for the explanation.
I'll keep using VST2 for RC in the meantime :)
Xpoes

Return to “MusicDevelopments”