Reaktor Snapshot/Preset saving issues

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I know this is a somewhat common problem but I haven't been able to get support from NI or find the answers anywhere online and it's really sad to keep losing snapshots randomly even though I've been saving. Surely I'm doing something wrong.

I made a pattern in Krypt and saved the ensemble as a new one in the project folder. Saved the snapshot, and now when I've opened up the project, the sequencer pattern has just defaulted to what it usually is for the 001 snapshot. This is using the ensemble that I've saved as opposed to the default Krypt.

I would be really grateful if somebody could tell me how exactly I'm being a fool.

Thank you

Not familiar with the ensemble but the NI page for it has someone asking the same thing. Joshua Batty's comment near the top of the comments seems to solve it.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... show/6429/

Sounds like you may have saved the snapshot with an instrument selected instead of the ensemble. Select the different instruments inside the ensemble to see if the snapshot shows up. Select the master ensemble when saving snapshot otherwise it saves the snapshot to whichever instrument is selected.

CinningBao wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:52 am Not familiar with the ensemble but the NI page for it has someone asking the same thing. Joshua Batty's comment near the top of the comments seems to solve it.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... show/6429/
Not entirely sure what that person is referring to tbh. I've searched for it and can't find.
DrFolder wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:57 am Sounds like you may have saved the snapshot with an instrument selected instead of the ensemble. Select the different instruments inside the ensemble to see if the snapshot shows up. Select the master ensemble when saving snapshot otherwise it saves the snapshot to whichever instrument is selected.
I have been saving with the master ensemble. Doesn't seem to help. There's nothing saved in any of the individual instruments either.

bdbr wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:13 pm
Not entirely sure what that person is referring to tbh. I've searched for it and can't find.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV4vlKCWd0M

This video explains what it is and how to access it. BUT this video is from 2011. The function, when you look in the Properties of your knob, is now called "Include in Snapshot" and disabling is the same as turning on Snap Isolate. But it works in the same way.

Put that together with what Joshua Batty says and you'll figure how to solve it.

Ah ok, thank you for that.

So Krypt comes with all of the instruments set to unticked for include in snapshots, but the master has it ticked. What does that mean exactly and does that affect me saving in the master?

Sorry bdbr, you'll have to test it for yourself. Leave it on, make a snapshot, save ensemble.. does it load up as you'd expect? If not, disable Master "Include In Snapshots" and try that.

I find a much better option for saving reaktor patches is to save presets in our daw. Especially with factory ensembles so you don’t have to copy them and use up more space. Then you don’t have to mess around with snapshots and copies of things.

Komplete kontrol is another good option for saving and loading reaktor patches.

bdbr wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:51 pm Ah ok, thank you for that.

So Krypt comes with all of the instruments set to unticked for include in snapshots, but the master has it ticked. What does that mean exactly and does that affect me saving in the master?
With Krypt, it's so you can use the snapshot controls at the bottom and change the sequencer and sampler snaps independently.

ew
A spectral heretic...

Thank you for these responses, I will test this stuff out :)

Appreciate it

All I got to say about Reaktor and trying to save my sounds is FFS.

File>Save Preset As...? :)

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:26 am File>Save Preset As...? :)
eh ? Its that simple ? That for any ensemble ? Snapshots always been a pain in the arse for me, but if i've missed the obvious, id be grateful to find out an easier way.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

I prefer to save in the Ensemble for sharing purposes. I do save the basic setup as a patch though.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:26 pm
Evil I think I may have seen you were involved in the Waves XT project for Reaktor. I am really enjoying learning it and Microwave right now. Is there some way I can get my hands on the orange one? The panel is shown but I don't know how to get it to work or if it even will.

Return to “Instruments”