First almost-song-length music I've ever made

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've messed around with beats and stuff but always ended up making stuff less than a minute long. I guess this is the first thing I"ve made that could almost be considered a song? I don't even know what genre it would be considered. Krautrock?

Be gentle.

https://soundcloud.com/user922170761/first-song

Hey anarchophora
wow - that was unexpected! In retrospective I guess your name should have given me at least a hint on what to expect :-)
This is completely not my genre so I can not comment very qualified but I can share a few observations if you like.

Firstly I do not get any structure of the song, maybe this is intended based on your nickname. But for me this is hard to follow because I like if a song builds up and I kind of anticipate what's next. Secondly I find the bassdrum pretty much in the wrong genre. This sounds like good old hardcore drums from the 90s.

I can't really give any suggestions on what and how to improve as this really isn't my type of music, but I thought you may want to get some feedback anyway!

Certainly full of energy and drive! :)

Enjoyed it - some nice little melodic touches in there, but I do think it needs some contrast...why not 'go somewhere new' at some point? Maybe a more chilled section and then come back full on for the finish? The short grooves you created in the past...any of those something that might fit in here?
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

good jam :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

eh?

Return to “Music Cafe”