Anyone owning one of the Novation Launchkey mk3 controllers?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wondering, because, they seem interesting, especially the arpeggiator features (really quantum leaps to the very simple arp in my Impulse 49 keyboard...). I'd also be interested in the quality and feel of the keys (I guess they're synth action, but, Novation actually does pretty decent keys IMO).

Oh, and, I'd also be interested in how many steps the arpeggiator actually has. Of course, neither the product descriptions say that, nor does the manual...

I have the 37 key, but haven't tried the arp that much. I'll check it out later and report back.

I think the keys are good for the price. They are synth action, but have a somewhat semi-weight feel to them.

3ptguitarist wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:12 pm I have the 37 key, but haven't tried the arp that much. I'll check it out later and report back.
Thanks. :tu:
3ptguitarist wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:12 pm I think the keys are good for the price. They are synth action, but have a somewhat semi-weight feel to them.
Sounds good. I'm actually pretty surprised, because, I think the manufacturers upped their game on such rather low price controllers. E.g., the Keystep or Minilab controllers from Arturia have really good keys, and, I read good things about the Launchkey Mini's keys as well.

I have a 37 MK3 and I am very happy with the keys. Haven't messed with the arp.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

chk071 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:59 am Just wondering, because, they seem interesting, especially the arpeggiator features (really quantum leaps to the very simple arp in my Impulse 49 keyboard...). I'd also be interested in the quality and feel of the keys (I guess they're synth action, but, Novation actually does pretty decent keys IMO).

Oh, and, I'd also be interested in how many steps the arpeggiator actually has. Of course, neither the product descriptions say that, nor does the manual...
I tried the arp briefly and it seems like a basic arp with some extra features such as a generative mutate and deviate feature. It doesn't feature step editing. The arp can have up to 16 notes in the pattern. You can also combine the arp with the scale mode. I'd say it's an intermediate arpeggiator because it has a lot of features, but it doesn't have step editing and limited to 16 notes.

Looppop on youtube has a good but brief overview of the arp on his launchkey mk3 review.

Edit: I think it may be able to do more than 16 notes because I realize I was using Diva when testing the arp and Diva has a 16 note polyphony limit.

Thanks for checking it out. :)

I actually watched the loopop video you mentioned, but, totally forgot about it...

The polyphony of the synth won't matter, BTW. An arpeggiator plays one note at a time, not one voice at a time.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”