Yamaha o1v96 ll with ableton in 2020 ?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
KVRist
66 posts since 18 Aug, 2020

Post Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:52 am

I'm also thinking about this
Yamaha o1v96 ll to hook up my hardware synths

KVRAF
7973 posts since 16 Oct, 2006

Post Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:45 pm

lectropunk wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 12:35 pm
I'm thinking of getting one of these second hand as it sounds like a great deal as I'm investing in some hardware soon I'm confused is it a audio interface with daw control ?
As on the thomann website is says daw control but could not find any info about ableton. Thanks in advance
How much second hand? Iv'e just bought a brand new one O1V96i 16 channels of usb audio and more, there's still 3 left in stock here at £899

YAMAHA 01V96i

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/ ... ng-console

User avatar
KVRAF
12694 posts since 8 Mar, 2005 from Utrecht, Holland

Post Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:48 pm

rob_lee wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:45 pm
YAMAHA 01V96i

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/ ... ng-console
Surely 11 months after posting, lectropunk has made up his mind and bought the bloody thing (or not)
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is back online!!

KVRist
66 posts since 18 Aug, 2020

Post Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:33 am

650e rob second hand mate
I'm either getting the Yamaha or soundcraft signature mtk 12 . . Are you happy with the Yamaha rob ? .

KVRAF
7973 posts since 16 Oct, 2006

Post Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:24 pm

Influx808 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:33 am
650e rob second hand mate
I'm either getting the Yamaha or soundcraft signature mtk 12 . . Are you happy with the Yamaha rob ? .
I sold the MTK after a few hours it didn't do what it said on the tin so to say. The Yamaha 01v96i is f**king amazing these were £2k+ on release even about £1400 at Thomann roughly git mine here in the UK at the link for £899 my best investment of 2021 by far.. The FX are spot on, you can expand it with MY cards there are 4 FX per track as far as I can see. Not tried the editor I'm not sure if it'll work on my mac but will test at the weekend. The mixer tho is great with motorised faders and midi. Have a look at the pdf manual at the downloads section here

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/proau ... tures.html

For £899 it's a steal.. :tu:

KVRist
66 posts since 18 Aug, 2020

Post Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:34 am

Deadly thanks rob . By the way I love your sylent presets for my banging techno.

KVRAF
7973 posts since 16 Oct, 2006

Post Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:47 am

Influx808 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:34 am
Deadly thanks rob . By the way I love your sylent presets for my banging techno.
Thank You mate I haven't been doing presets for a year or two now I'm too busy playing with my synths. I might do a bank of sounds for something in future tho. Currently programming the Digitone Keys :tu:

KVRist
66 posts since 18 Aug, 2020

Post Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:01 pm

No hassle bud I'm going to get the Yamaha desk in Glasgow. Thanks for the advice. Great value as I'm currently using a beringer x touch.

KVRAF
7973 posts since 16 Oct, 2006

Post Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:12 pm

Influx808 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:01 pm
No hassle bud I'm going to get the Yamaha desk in Glasgow. Thanks for the advice. Great value as I'm currently using a beringer x touch.
Never used the Behringer mate but the Yamaha is amazing for £899 this things are way more expensive elsewhere and they are still being supported by Yamaha, just registered mine. Good luck with yours you can't go wrong at the price.

KVRist
66 posts since 18 Aug, 2020

Post Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:39 pm

Thanks rob

User avatar
KVRAF
29675 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:00 pm

rob_lee wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:12 pm
the Yamaha is amazing for £899 this things are way more expensive elsewhere and they are still being supported by Yamaha, just registered mine.
Cool to hear they're still supported by Yamaha. Have you had a chance to try out multitracking in Live yet Rob? I'm quite tempted to get one at that price.

KVRist
66 posts since 18 Aug, 2020

Post Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:29 pm

I'd love to control my eurorack gear with this too .

KVRAF
7973 posts since 16 Oct, 2006

Post Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:44 am

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:00 pm
rob_lee wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:12 pm
the Yamaha is amazing for £899 this things are way more expensive elsewhere and they are still being supported by Yamaha, just registered mine.
Cool to hear they're still supported by Yamaha. Have you had a chance to try out multitracking in Live yet Rob? I'm quite tempted to get one at that price.
Tried in Live 10 Suite and Logic Pro X works absolutely perfect Dave. This mixer will do me till retirement saving you're own setups, presets etc on this is amazing these were £2699 on release so £899 is a steal. I have the Behringer ADA8200 hooked up to ADAT and the MY-8 Analog card for mine.. only 16 tracks of audio but just group stuff it has 8 sub mixes etc.. onboard FX are pretty cool too I love the SPX Reverbs. All in all a great mixer at a bargain price. I haven't even scratched the surface yet it has midi etc too for Ableton or whatever you want mate.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”