Moog One vs Synth1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dencheg wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:54 pm
cryophonik wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:26 pm I'd wait for Synth2. It's reportedly going to be the same as Synth1, but analoguer
While you're joking about Synth2, serious people seriously wait for Moog Moog. Guess the analogousness of that.
I heard it was going to be called "Mooger Moog" and have analogueness that goes to 11
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Moog has more weight and 3D to it, while Synth1 literally falls flat in these regards. It's literally night and day with 45lbs/20.5kg vs just 820kB or so.

And i'm sure i'm not just imaginating, the differences feel real!
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

mod edit: do not derail threads
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

FapFilter wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:07 pm Moog has more weight and 3D to it, while Synth1 literally falls flat in these regards. It's literally night and day with 45lbs/20.5kg vs just 820kB or so.
Oh puleez, everybody knows you have to weigh the computer that Synth1 is installed on - the heavier the computer, the better the sound. That's why nobody in their right mind would install it on a MacBook Air. :roll:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Between those two... Phonec.

mod edit: do not derail threads
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

I decided to buy Synth1 instead of a Moog One, but I can’t find a link to buy it. :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:54 pm I decided to buy Synth1 instead of a Moog One, but I can’t find a link to buy it. :lol:
time to start a "why i left synth1" thread then ^^

Which one has oily nipples?
Can't get more analog then that.

anttimaatteri wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:10 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:54 pm I decided to buy Synth1 instead of a Moog One, but I can’t find a link to buy it. :lol:
time to start a "why i left synth1" thread then ^^
I left it for the Limited Edition version, syLEnth1

Kidding aside, I’d buy a Moog One right now if they’d implemented polyphonic aftertouch via MIDI. Or MPE. Two years ago they said it was on the docket... looks like that’ll never happen.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Synth1. F**k moog. Always hated the sound of moog, but that is just me. Also two EXTREMELY different synths though. Did you even compare the two? i guess not.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

After further reflection I think it's pretty obvious this thread is a comment on the Hive .vs Vital thread where the OP there posted:
killmaster wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:37 pm Money is not the issue
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=563235

Obviously Synth1 is free so Matt's "Money is no object" comment is not to be taken seriously. Or perhaps it's just a general comment on the constant This.vs That threads here at KVR or simply an expression of frustration for Vital being compared to a much more expensive synth.

At any rate I wouldn't take the Moog One .vs Synth1 comparison too seriously. I think the fact that Matt has not returned to this thread may tell us all we need to know. We should probably all just move on.....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:35 am We should probably all just move on.....
Nah
I hate signatures too.

Whatever. Still Hive. Even though i don't own it. Hate Vital. Way too digital and that GUI.. yikes.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”