Chiral, a new MPE-enabled Max for Live

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great to see developers making MPE instruments in MAX now, the future is bright for MPE and Live. This is just 25E so tempting....

https://fors.fm/Chiral

https://youtu.be/-NJCcj3QhqU
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I think this looks great! I bought a license and hope to try it out this weekend.

indeed great! ableton live 11 suite, is already an experimental playground, also by 'third party' M4L devices (the same developer of EMIT etc. the nature devices), de spectral effects, etc. etc.

and now this!

I think getting he price right helps a lot, we all like a new toy every now and again and the 25E mark is guilt free as far as I am concerned!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

The demo sounds are nice but I found with Superberry it was a bit frustrating that none of them were available as presets (indeed it still has none). Is this the case also with this one? I'm not wholley dependent on presets but when I hear great songs like those being programmed I want to see how they are put together.

I agree, needs presets for all the Fors synths, even if you don't use them, its really needed to see how the synths work

it comes with 32 presets, don't know if those are in the vid. still didn't buy it, will certainly buy it. now is not the time, working on different systems and programs...

I like the fact that there are no presets, personally. It encourages a more exploratory use of the synths.

As for Chiral, I'm not as in love with it as I am with Superberry or Doublet, probably because I've never been a fan of the west coast synthesis style of waveshaping a basic sine wave, at least not without the corresponding LPG to tame it.

Each of their synths is unique in both good and bad ways, not to say I don't like them a lot, but Chiral hasn't hit that sweet spot for me quite yet.

I have been using it and quite enjoy it. For me, it's an entry point into Fors. Superberry and Doublet are next on my list.
We shall see orchestral machines with a thousand new sounds, with thousands of new euphonies, as opposed to the present day's simple sounds of strings, brass, and woodwinds. -- George Antheil, circa 1925 ---

grabbed this the other day. really liking it. quite simple to get lot's of different tones out of it. sounds quite lush.

Maybe make a MAX4LIVE thread only where only MAX4LIVE things gets posted, so this forums doens't get cluttered. Not everyone have Live you know.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

well- it has some super-powers :)
Chiral synth by Fors can save its twisted wavetables on the run-
in various formats.

Halonmusic wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:04 am Maybe make a MAX4LIVE thread only where only MAX4LIVE things gets posted, so this forums doens't get cluttered. Not everyone have Live you know.
you know you are on KVR right? This forum is cluttered with a lot worse than Chiral buddy

hmmm, not sure what holographic synthesizer means in terms of sound, but it reminds me of Generate.

killmaster wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:00 pm hmmm, not sure what holographic synthesizer means in terms of sound, but it reminds me of Generate.
yea true

Return to “Instruments”