What do you do with your VST instruments?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

I'm a full time media professional, earning a living making music using VSTi
5%
I play and record in a band
7%
I write/play/record music and sell it sometimes
18%
I'm new and learning about all this
5%
I play music for fun, no profit
30%
I've retired from music but still mess with it
3%
I'm a hobbyist, having some fun
30%
I'm tech leaning, only interested in software and programming, not doing any music
1%
What a Veeesty????
2%

Total votes: 185

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Multiple / changeable choice poll

I'm a collector. I'll only stop when my VST folder blasts my hard drive.

poisson.

fbi is that you? nsa ?

bwwd wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:03 pm fbi is that you? nsa ?
ha, nope. just fellow VST musician curious. Man, the interwebs have wrecked everything, haven't they? see all my previous posts to feel better

VST synths inspire me to create new sounds and whole new tunes as well. New sound -> new idea -> new track.
Even though these "new sounds" may not actually work in a music, I try to use every VST synth I own every now and then.

It's quite the opposite about VST effects - most of them have fixed purpose and are not replacable by anything else. I don't have a hundred of compressors, use pretty much only 3 of them for any compression task.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Weird thing to care about..
DJ Warmonger there thinks he is going for a job interview.

wwjd wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:49 pm What do you do with your VST instruments?
I make them fight each other to the death in a little cage.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I make songs and I try to raise my overall production quality entering to contests.

I like to watch
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Mostly i scroll through them to get to the ones I use the most...... 20 years makes for quite a collection.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:20 pm Mostly i scroll through them to get to the ones I use the most......
Hmmm... good point. Time for another slim down session in my plugin folder. :ud: (although I do that regularly)

What do I do? You mean besides from screwing them?
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

The poll is missing any options for sound design, creating and/or selling presets, etc. For many people that's their primary use for VSTi's.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I break the eula and recompile them so I can play snake ( cutoff =move left , resonance =move right )
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Return to “Instruments”