Your Production Mantras

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When you're EQing something and it's sounding good until you realise the EQ was not engaged, it's time to take a break.

Williamvhorn wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:18 pm
Eauson wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:45 pm you just have to embrace the chaos :D
Do you have any examples of finished chaos? Would love to see how you put 16 together and then moved on from there.

I have so many 16 bar, 30 second, 1/47th done songs I wouldn't be able to get them into a used car commercial.
Check out my SC, link on the side under my moniker, a lot of these are chaos productions, not complete pieces, or all that good, they were made for KvR OsC :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Every good song has good notes, groove, and arrangement. If you're not getting tingles from your basic loop or track, don't even bother with tweaking, layering, and mixing. Keep your production session light until you figure those three things out. Don't worry about throwing things away and trying again. Avoiding automation, mixing, and even sound design as much as possible will maximize your time to work on notes, groove, and arrangement. The more things you try, the more likely you'll discover something great.

What kind of music are balloons afraid of? Pop Music
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

"I meant to do that"
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

no liquids in the studio :x

Make music for yourself, first and foremost, and be your own worst critic. It's fine to get feedback from others, but don't let others dictate your vision.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

fix it in the mix

vurt wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:18 pm no liquids in the studio :x
Same here. No cigarette smoke either ...

no farts

I live dangerously and do allow liquids in my studio, but not within a certain circumference of my electronics. No smoking is allowed anywhere in our house at any time for any reason, so that's not an issue.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

auto-tune works better if you sing out of tune

Return to “Production Techniques”