Odd Request

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Have an odd and request...but thought to throw it on the board to see if anyone wants a go.

My dad passed bout a week ago and I jotted down some lyrics since then. I plan to do a Facebook memorial in two weeks and a friend took my lyrics and did a recording with guitar for me. Nice.

I plan to use it but he just recorded it on his MacBook and his phone...so it's pretty basic and it distorts in a couple places. I think some kind of processing could make it better even though it's only in MP3 format.

I play but have only done basic things with the keyboard and have never done audio anything so I think I'd be spinning my wheels. Wondering if anyone would like to give it a go?

If so let me know how to get a file up/out for use. I don't mind posting it here or elsewhere.

Cheers.
Kawai MP11, Apogee Duet, MPB 2018, Komplete 10, Spectrasonics Trinity, Ivory II, Pianoteq 6, Ravencroft 275, Logic X, Cubase 8, Spitfire Audio (most products), Superior Drummer 3, ST4

sorry to hear of your loss :hug:

not sure how much can be done with the audio, but to share it if you have a dropbox account people often use those. then add a link here.
or soundcloud but you need to enable downloads i believe?

then hopefully someone can help you clean it up :)

Sorry it took so long. Been waiting for my friend to figure out how to send me the files. He used Audacity to combine just three tracks: guitar and vocal (recorded together :(...) and a partial second track that just sits atop the main track for a duet in parts and a short bridge he recorded and struck between some of the verses. If you listen to the mp3 he put together you can hear how they were pieced together. Not sure how much can be done with these but that's what I've got.

Again, if anyone wants to try and make the "mix" sound better that would be very helpful.

Anyhow, here's the link to the three files and his mp3 mix when he put them together.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Kawai MP11, Apogee Duet, MPB 2018, Komplete 10, Spectrasonics Trinity, Ivory II, Pianoteq 6, Ravencroft 275, Logic X, Cubase 8, Spitfire Audio (most products), Superior Drummer 3, ST4

Hey sorry to hear about your dad.

In the video I explain what I did and the 3 audio files are in the google drive zip.
Let me know if I can help with anything man.
https://vimeo.com/539349483

https://drive.google.com/file/d/133VAvW ... sp=sharing

PS I gave your post above a like so you'd get a notification
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

Oh by the way if you have the possibility to record your vocal again it might be an idea to do it in a room with lots of sound absorbing materials like clothes, furniture, etc etc.
You can even use a phone (if it's a decent phone) don't keep it too close to your mouth (that causes those low frequencies to get out of control) but obviously not too far either to keep the noise to sound ratio low enough. A foot should be fine.
The more stuff is in the room the more it absorbs the reverb because this sound a little bit like it was recorded in a bathroom.
Don't use a tiny wardrobe either cause that can get too boomy sounding too.
CHOOSX Remakes on my Youtube Channel

Return to “Sound Design”