Things You Wouldn't Hesitate to Buy Them Again at Full Price?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reaper
Dune 3 (didn't pay full price, but it's worth it)
Valhalla Vintage Verb
Toneboosters Barricade

TAL Sampler, for sure.

Would happily pay full price, with the benefit of hindsight.
Last edited by kvotchin on Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

McRib mmmmmmmmm

U-he Hive. I believe I did pay full price for it. I think there was an introductory early offer though.
Synapse Audio Obsession. It is one of the best synthesizers imo.
I like that the effects are somehow a more integral part of the synthesizer. They make a rather bland or atonal type sound, sound like a gem. They actually can polish a turd, and you never know it was a turd until you turn of the effects button.

For me that's a tough question to answer. My approach to songwriting and making music is ever changing. There are quite a few software things that I think are awesome or I think that I have gotten way more than my money's worth and still I might not buy them again even on sale let alone full price because they are not really a part of how I do things right now. I am trying to find a balance itb/otb. And for the past 15 years I have grossly neglected my hardware setup (otb). I am trying to make a correction.

With that said...It's much easier to say what items I think are worth the full price (I hate paying retail) than what items I might buy again at full price. Having had many pieces of software over the years (like most of you) I would go with the following if I had to do it again. Even if I could only get them at full price. And this is not a list of my favorite things... That would be a long list.

Anything U-he
Anything Fabfilter
Sonic Charge - Permut8 and Microtonic
Sugarbytes - Thesys
Fxpansion - Geist2
NI - Reaktor and Kontakt
Cockos - Reaper
Ableton - Live

Inspirata reverb
Studio One, Bitwig, Reaper
Kontakt and about 1/3 of my libraries
Falcon /UVI stuff including FX
Zynaptiq anything
Riffer
SonicLab everything
Cableguys Shaperbox
BlueCat Audio - anything
Reverberate
Crusher-X

Repro
Dune 3

gondii wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:06 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:47 pm Voxengo TEOTE
Soundtheory Gullfoss
Some questions if you don't mind:
So you would purchase both of them again? Do you feel they complement rather than replace each other? Do you use both in the same production or sometimes one and other times the other?

On topic: Sonarworks, DIVA, Dune3, Kontakt, Fabfilter stuff, UVI Shade, 2CAudio Breeze2 & Kaleidoscope, Valhala Delay, u-he Satin, Geist2, Gullfoss & Soothe2 would have me 90% covered and would be worth it to me at full price in the hypothetical scenario with no sales, etc
Mate you know what works well with Gullfoss at the same time is: Melda MSpectralDynamicsLE. I bought it today in the MEssentialsFXBundle in the sale priced at £85. I've got very good results on full mix as part of my mastering chain.

everything I bought from TDR, Repro5, I'm sure there is more

I did do it, Sylenth.

Alchemy, if it was supported again and updated, i'd buy it again.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Reaper, Falcon, Pro-Q, Icarus, Serato Sample come to mind

Spring Goose wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:14 pm Mate you know what works well with Gullfoss at the same time is: Melda MSpectralDynamicsLE. I bought it today in the MEssentialsFXBundle in the sale priced at £85. I've got very good results on full mix as part of my mastering chain.
Haha yeah, it's been kind of on my radar. Oh so many options :D I really like Melda stuff, too.

FL Studio
Spectrasonics
U-H
Valhalla

I'm not sure I ever bought any music software at full price, but there's a few things I would probably buy again at the price I originally paid, if I had to. I've bought Reason three separate times and sold it twice, and the last time, I actually made money on the deal. (sold Reason 7 for 200 on the PUF, then bought Reason 8 for 125 here a few months later) would do that again.

Yamaha RS7000 Music Production Studio

Return to “Instruments”