What are all this awards this vst developers claim to have for their plugins.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any company that manages to develop an AU should get an award IMO. They're wizards!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

AnX wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:04 am
Markus Krause wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:12 am
AnX wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:51 am
Markus Krause wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:20 am Computer Music is a monthly printed magazine published in the UK. It covers the topic of creating digital music on a computer.
and rarely gives any plugin less than 9/10

its a pinch of salt mag
Why should a printed magazine waste expensive paper with articles about crappy plugins?
to warn ppl?

the price of paper is irrelevant, the mag is paid for by sponsers/ads

i guess you are not familiar with CM....
i am under the impression that you are one step away from talking about an infamous DEEP BIZNEZ con, only a few familiars knowing of...
anyway its a dark path you offering here. it all leads to a dead end in trusting nobody...but you i guess...
cm is not the book of eli man. its a commercial product about spreading opinions about a WIDE range of products. no more no less.

Bullshite. That is what it is.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

me, and i'm the award. want one?

Awards-promotion is for insecure people sensitive to argumentum ad populum (and apparently too lazy or lame to try a demo). Every trick that sells is a legitimate one in the eyes of cold capitalism. If it ain't broken....
Tribe Of Hǫfuð https://soundcloud.com/user-228690154 "First rule: From one perfect consonance to another perfect consonance one must proceed in contrary or oblique motion." Johann Joseph Fux 1725.

Personally I treat award logos on a page like the little flyers restaurants post in their windows around here to show they passed their health inspection with a good grade - they don't say anything about whether the food is delicious or not, but that it is at least prepared with reasonable competence. In the same way, an award (from a reasonably reputable source) to me signals that the product is at least of a quality that someone went out of their way to note that in logo form. That still doesn't mean that I'll necessarily like it or find it useful, but it is at least a small sign that someone else has looked at it and finds it worthy of endorsement. That being said, I can do the same thing by browsing KVR threads, so... people like fancy graphics, I guess?

Most music production publications besides SoundonSound have become single ply, themed bog roll as far as i can tell. Computer Music was always shite(besides the really good free shit on the DVD's)but its weird to see how far Future Music has spiraled into the bowl the past decade
I

TIMT wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:05 pm Most music production publications besides SoundonSound have become single ply, themed bog roll as far as i can tell. Computer Music was always shite(besides the really good free shit on the DVD's)but its weird to see how far Future Music has spiraled into the bowl the past decade
LOL, we don't get reviews on SOS because they bluntly told us subtly hinted that won't happen unless we advertise.
Last edited by Urs on Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

it's nearly time for the annual "vurtys" awards.
anyone looking for a prize, paypal donations to you know where ;)

Urs wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:56 pm
TIMT wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:05 pm Most music production publications besides SoundonSound have become single ply, themed bog roll as far as i can tell. Computer Music was always shite(besides the really good free shit on the DVD's)but its weird to see how far Future Music has spiraled into the bowl the past decade
LOL, we don't get reviews on SOS because they bluntly told us subtly hinted that won't happen unless we advertise.
But they reviewed a bunch of your older stuff? Nowadays they rarely review software synths. They didn't review Dune 3, Avenger, Rapid, Spire, Phase Plant or Massive X for example. They tend to focus more on recording and mixing. When they do review synths its tends to be hardware.

Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I took a look at Musicradar's "Best 25 VST synth" list earlier. What a bullcrap, seriously. It has "bought" written all over it.

Anyway. It's nothing new to me. It already happens when stuff is not (blatantly) bought. Which journalist in his sane mind would harm the industry which makes his bread? That just won't happen.

The conclusion is simply that a plugin which gets a rating of 6/10 is to be avoided at all costs.

v1o wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:21 pm But they reviewed a bunch of your older stuff? Nowadays they rarely review software synths.
Sure, they did a few back then. There was one for MFM pretty early.

That doesn't contradict our experience though. I think when they contacted us, our guy who does the ads booking actually hung up on them. Was a few years ago, can't remember when. Just left a sour taste.

It does look like they might have changed their stance since, I think we're sending a CVilization to one of their editors for a review.

chk071 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:28 pm I took a look at Musicradar's "Best 25 VST synth" list earlier. What a bullcrap, seriously. It has "bought" written all over it.
Shit, have we fallen out of it? Because we sure as hell haven't paid for any of it.

I know for sure that 2 of the top 5 synths are only there because their developer (not you) urged his customers via newsletter to vote for it. Maybe not really "bought", but, surely not representative for the readers of the site. Or for anything else.

If it is poll-based, it is simply a popularity contest.

At the end of the day, the best idea to is download the free trial versions and see what synths work for you and sound best to your ears. :)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Return to “Instruments”