What's your dream guitar?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Charvel San Dimas Hardtail HS just made my dream list, as well as Epiphone DC Pro.

Neither of these are unattainable, I just don't have them yet.

I guess the expensive one that would be hard to get would be a USA Gibson Les Paul Standard with the Lollar DB Humbuckers. Now that would be hard for me to acquire.

I second the Charvel San Dimas Hardtail HS

I already have my dream Strat and Les Paul, so if money wasn't an issue the one guitar i'd like to add to my collection would be a PRS Custom 22 or 24 (with a floating bridge).

Saving for a Les Paul Standard, that's my dream guitar now. I also lust after a Tele which will become my dream guitar next.

monkeyxx wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:47 pm Charvel San Dimas Hardtail HS just made my dream list, as well as Epiphone DC Pro.

Neither of these are unattainable, I just don't have them yet.

I guess the expensive one that would be hard to get would be a USA Gibson Les Paul Standard with the Lollar DB Humbuckers. Now that would be hard for me to acquire.
If you get an MIM San Dimas (pro-mod) used expect to do some fret dressing. I'm told that newer models have resolved this issue. Mine is only a few years old but it had some real zingers when I first got it. Otherwise I love it.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

Not quite a dream guitar, but the Mad Cat telecaster copy that Prince played would be up there. An original with Hohner branding would get me quite excited. https://www.madcatguitars.com/

nick_leodeon wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:47 pm Not quite a dream guitar, but the Mad Cat telecaster copy that Prince played would be up there. An original with Hohner branding would get me quite excited. https://www.madcatguitars.com/

Harley Benton do a similar copy.
https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton ... series.htm
First Look: Eastwood Customs Prince Mad CFirst Look: Eastwood Customs Prince Mad Cat Tribute Guitarhttps://eastwoodguitars.com/blogs/news/ ... ute-guitarat Tribute Guitar
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

I always wanted a Charvel 750XL

The one I have - John Mayer Startocaster ;)

I've been curious about Jazzmasters lately.
I had been interested in one of the G&L tele's.
I've wanted a Les Paul for some time too.
And maybe a 335 style.

paranormal.

I don't play guitar (yet), but if I could buy one without caring for the price tag, just for the looks, it would be this:

Duesenberg Starplayer TV Plus BK

Magic Russ wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:47 am
I had been interested in one of the G&L tele's.
Those ASAT's are...big considerably larger and heavier than conventional tele's. Used to hang out at an authorized G@L dealer The tone was enjoyable the size and wieght weren't.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I was lucky enough to stumble upon an Epiphone Sheraton MIK on reverb a year or so ago, and as someone who has always been drawn to the gibson-esque vein of guitars it felt like a catch. Love it to death, super moody and warm, hollow bodied with humbuckers; pretty affordable relative to where a lot of other semi's stand, and if you can manage to find the korean manufactured ones, they sound excellent.

My dream guitar is my old Gibson 355 that I was forced to sell 25 years ago. I loved that guitar but young family gotta eat.
And if it could be retrofitted with a sustainiac pickup in some sort of non damaging way then .. . . perfection.

90% percent finished. And, It's twangtastic.

Yesterday, I modified a Tele body by adding a middle pickup using a 25mm Forstner and 22mm chisel that isn't that sharp. :cry:

Installed (b-stock) Ironstone Tele pickups and a Ironstone Gold single coil. Added foil tape to the scratchplate and cavities, it still needs tidying up around the edges. Scratchplate could have done with being a tad longer.
Fitted a 5-way switch, added a treble bleed and push pull on the volume that activates the neck pickup. Going modify the tone pot to a no-load pot.

One thing I don't understand is, when I pull the volume pot while in the neck position the bridge pickup activates and vice versa.
When pulled on the neck pickup the bridge activates, not complaining. Happy accident, maybe. Or wiring error?
Any explanation is welcome.
Eventually, a six saddle brass bridge would be a nice addition. It might smoothen the brightness.

Edit- not warmed and struggled to play a few examples below, cold hands.
Boss GT-8 direct Rockabilly patch no DAW added effects.
Neck
Neck-middle
Middle
Middle-bridge
Bridge
Bridge-neck
Forgot all 3 pickups at once :ud:
EDIT direct to DAW using AXP SoftAmp FM25
Rhythm loop using neck pickup
Widdle in all combinations except all 3 pickups :roll:
No other processing.
widdle
Last edited by The Noodlist on Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Return to “Guitars”