Novation Nocturne without software? help plz

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would like to buy a Novation Nocturne but I don't know if it works without this wrapper software from Novation. Anyone here using the controller? Is it sending normal midi data without any additional software? Thanks
rabbit in a hole

I don't think you can use it without Automap (the official software). But you don't have to create wrappers for every plugin. I have it set up to send Midi CC messages, and then I map that to specific parameters in my DAW, which works fine.

xbow wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:30 pm I don't think you can use it without Automap (the official software). But you don't have to create wrappers for every plugin. I have it set up to send Midi CC messages, and then I map that to specific parameters in my DAW, which works fine.
A shame. A nice controller crippled down. I wanted to use it standalone which is not an option now.
rabbit in a hole

xbow wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:30 pm I have it set up to send Midi CC messages, and then I map that to specific parameters in my DAW, which works fine.
Isn't that exactly what the OP asks for? I could be wrong...

Nevermind, just Google'd, and, it indeed seems like you can't use the Nocturn without Automap. Well, that sucks... thank god that that's not the case with my Impulse 49.

It seems automap needs to be running to send those cc messages, but once configured (which is a bit clunky, but ok) it stays in the background and you barely notice it's there.

xbow wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:25 pm It seems automap needs to be running to send those cc messages, but once configured (which is a bit clunky, but ok) it stays in the background and you barely notice it's there.
I want to use it standalone (via a usb-midi host) so there is nothing to run in the background.

Shame on you Novation.
rabbit in a hole

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”