Is Pigments 3 the best do it all Synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Or is it SynthMaster, Avenger, Rapid, Falcon?
What needs to be added to make it the best?

I think the best do-it-all (DIA?) synth is the one that works for you.

Probably not the answer you're wanting.
Noise Producer

I think some devs are trying to produce the DIA, just interested how close they might be getting.

I think what pulls it clear of those is that it's actually fun to use, and has a well thought out concept.

Agreed. I wonder if adding in more “stuff” might spoil that.

There is none.
As has been stated, it's the one that works best for you for such duties.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Define 'do it all' :wink:
What if I want 4 oscillators (perhaps to FM) and 3 filters...the list gets shorter,,,,
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

So you would like Arturia to add a fourth oscillator another filter and an FM option and Pigments would be your DIA? :wink:

I like it how it is. No need to add complexity for complexity's sake. ;)

I definitely love Pigments but I don't consider it a "do it all synth".
I agree It's great for what it already does, although they sure were able to surprise me both with the v2 and v3 updates which expanded the feature-set and capabilities.

In that category I would probably only list Falcon and MSoundFactory, not sure what else.

Reaktor too, but it's totally valid if someone doesn't see it (or the aforementioned Melda and UVI synths) as the most perfect solution for everything. Like myself for instance
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Reaktor... absolutely... I had the feeling I left something out :dog:

There might sure be more left out, but can't think of anything else at the moment.
But everything in the list probably tends to have some kind of "modular" approach.

Niowiad wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:23 am Reaktor... absolutely... I had the feeling I left something out :dog:

There might sure be more left out, but can't think of anything else at the moment.
But everything in the list probably tends to have some kind of "modular" approach.
I would add Phase Plant and Halion to that list as a standard easy to use do any VSTs.
Voltage Modular (as a VST plug in) offers a lot as well, but is properly a 'modular' (which is maybe its own category) and Reaktor could be considered a programming environment (its own thing!) or a modular synth with blocks.

Surge 1.9 should get a mention as a 'do it all' synth as its FREE and utterly amazing (they even just added MI Clouds to it!)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SHall1000 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:29 am I think some devs are trying to produce the DIA, just interested how close they might be getting.
Imho Avenger is the closest. They’re now implementing complex sampling system for the next expansion. It can do excellent granular, and its synthesis is way more advanced than Falcon.
I’m not only talking purely technical (for example it’s cool to have 250 granular modes, but if they all su<k...), I’m talking real results. Just hear it by yourself.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

As a heavy Falcon user it's the best for me. Followed by Synthmaster. Avenger is last. Still not stable and the cp hunts down many customers. Rapid in between but on a good track looking at its development. Pigments 2 was already interesting, v3 has added some more stuff (I heard borrowed from e.g. Vital). Definitely like it from a operating point. Falcon ont the other hand can be overwhelming sometimes.

Return to “Instruments”