Bitwig is NOT a subscription

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's a pretty unfortunate placement of KvR poll with regards to Bitwig's banner :hihi: :dog:

sub.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

:dog:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

If you answer the survey question the banner goes away.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

It's Friday! Where is Bitwig 4? :x

I have given up looking/waiting/expecting - past performance is no indicator of future performance as they say!
Could be July!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I have given up looking/waiting/expecting - past performance is no indicator of future performance as they say! Could be July, so focusing on Bitwig 'as is' (and new other toys :oops: )

The bitwig subscription is better than shopping, you buy not only the product, but also one year(!!) of the lifetime of the developers.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:20 pm...you buy not only the product, but also one year(!!) of the lifetime of the developers.
So what you're saying is that I own slaves now? :o :D
Music tech enthusiast

Yeh, but they could just be sat around drinking beer for that 1 year ;-)

Isn't the license a subscription on updates though?
((( ~ )))

wavedigit wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:12 pm Isn't the license a subscription on updates though?
Probably it's better to see it as a "Renewal of Membership for free updates" :wink:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:34 pm
wavedigit wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:12 pm Isn't the license a subscription on updates though?
Probably it's better to see it as a "Renewal of Membership for free updates" :wink:
Exactly. The idea is you upgrade when features as-is are worth it and get 1 year of updates "free". I actually wish they'd drop the version numbers and e.g. used date, like Linux or Windows do nowadays. That would help people liberate from that mindset of "versions" and would maybe also put some pressure on devs because it's easy to see when the last big update was :D
Music tech enthusiast

It is a subscription. However not one to use the program but to receive updates. Still a subscription though.

In every Bitwig topic its about subscriptions and the update plan. It's really laughable.

Rivanni wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:24 pm It is a subscription. However not one to use the program but to receive updates. Still a subscription though.
The problem is the way the term “subscription” works for different companies such as with Phaseplant where if you stop subscribing your plugins stop working while in Bitwig you can still use it to the end of time.
That’s why many inquirers are cautious with the model even though it’s explained in all kinds of ways but still, as usual, a negative thought can destroy 1000 positive thoughts.

So, probably “membership” or a “yearly/annual pass” it’s a better term.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Return to “Bitwig”