new Bitwig video "Modular Concepts: Synthesis World Tour feat. Polymer"

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I guess no Bitwig 3.4 / 4.0 announcement today, because we just got a new video as a part of "Modular concepts" series.

:phones: :party:
If you are shaping sounds, you are using synthesis techniques. And lucky for us, the Polymer instrument makes it easy on both sides of our brain. This tutorial runs thru six — SIX! — kinds of synthesis with the assistance of Bitwig's modulator devices. It is Polymer's world; we just live in it.

1:17 - An overview of Polymer
2:54 - Pulse waves are predictable!
3:51 - Stop 1: Pulse Width Modulation
4:46 - Interesting textures, that even get quiet!
6:11 - Stop 2: Phase Distortion
6:54 - Morphing shape and keeping the fundamental!
8:32 - Stop 3: Hard Sync
10:27 - Miami Vice! Hammer time!
12:02 - Stop 4: Phase Modulation
17:21 - Stop 5: Wavetable Synthesis
18:33 - Ramp modulator to read/loop each note!
19:54 - Stop 6: Unison Techniques
20:30 - Wavetable has its own unison modes!
22:51 - Every oscillator has stereo detune!
23:45 - And Swarm has eight voices of unison fire!
https://youtu.be/SZd7aoOjnCE
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Maybe Bitwig is finished and they will just make videos now on how use it? :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:29 am Maybe Bitwig is finished and they will just make videos now on how use it? :wink:
Screw that, I want more features that I never take the time to understand or use! MORE :D.

Cool video, I like that they are not using filters. starting from phase-4 I saw how you can get crazy living sounds without even turning the filter on.

Hez wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:02 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:29 am Maybe Bitwig is finished and they will just make videos now on how use it? :wink:
Screw that, I want more features that I never take the time to understand or use! MORE :D.
Please no, lol, after I just dropped another $170 on a year worth of upgrades.

duanosforde wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:57 pm
In the future, buy an upgrade when it is on sale ($129). You can activate it any time and it only starts counting the year from when you activate.

pdxindy wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:03 pm
In the future, buy an upgrade when it is on sale ($129). You can activate it any time and it only starts counting the year from when you activate.
Hey Thx, hopefully I can use that strategy in the future. The point I was making was in response to the post earlier - I hope bitwig isn't finished and they don't discontinue development after I paid for another year worth of upgrades (be it $129 or $169). That would suck and be as waste of $$, but would be spot on with my luck lol.

duanosforde wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:58 pm
Hey Thx, hopefully I can use that strategy in the future. The point I was making was in response to the post earlier - I hope bitwig isn't finished and they don't discontinue development after I paid for another year worth of upgrades (be it $129 or $169). That would suck and be as waste of $$, but would be spot on with my luck lol.
Sorry to worry you, it was just a joke! Bitwig has a long way to go and we have a lot of fun stuff to look forward to....any day now :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:04 pm
duanosforde wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:58 pm
Sorry to worry you, it was just a joke! Bitwig has a long way to go and we have a lot of fun stuff to look forward to....any day now :wink:
LOL...no worries. :D

Nice video - the guy who presents it has an engaging and relaxed style of presentation which I like

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:17 pm Nice video - the guy who presents it has an engaging and relaxed style of presentation which I like
Here's couple of hours of Dave :)

https://www.bitwig.com/learnings/modula ... ything-42/
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

Dave is the Bob Ross of synth demos.

aMUSEd wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:17 pm Nice video - the guy who presents it has an engaging and relaxed style of presentation which I like
The no-filters-approach was eye opening, even tho it was a struggle to keep my eyes open with his relaxed style.

it's so cool on paper, but I'm still not really liking the sound of Bitwig synthesis. :/

Return to “Bitwig”