tomtom1's BETTER DAYS (The Queen's: "We will meet again")

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi all,
i found on youtube a speech of queen elisabeth (about covid)- and then the current situation in mind, her loss - end of lifes, i had an idea - everything came together really quickly.

first: if there is any law that forbids the queen to sample, let me know... however, i found the words so appropriate - for so many situations and her current loss, especially the last words - that i just used them. (for a total non commercial track, like all my tracks btw...). with the greatest respect for her, her deceased husband and the country.

what do you think about the track?
let me know. and have a nice day and stay healthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW3D72SdcQ8
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

Nice, chilled bit of melodic electronica!

Vocal samples were embedded effectively.

It's not for money so no worries about sampling QE! :)

Loved the Genesis / Peter Gabriel flute solo in the middle!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

ChameleonMusic wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:13 pm Nice, chilled bit of melodic electronica!

I think that would also be covered by artistic freedom. however, as far as I know, the rules in germany are stricter when it comes to sampling in general. the flute is a sampled mellotron flute - at least it is the name of the soundpatch in the sampler i used to play the melody. i don't know what they really sampled, some sounds (especially strings) sound really horrible in the used programm. but i think it isn't made for that kind of stuff.
myself in 2022

tomtom1 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:34 am
ChameleonMusic wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:13 pm Nice, chilled bit of melodic electronica!

I think that would also be covered by artistic freedom. however, as far as I know, the rules in germany are stricter when it comes to sampling in general. the flute is a sampled mellotron flute - at least it is the name of the soundpatch in the sampler i used to play the melody. i don't know what they really sampled, some sounds (especially strings) sound really horrible in the used programm. but i think it isn't made for that kind of stuff.
Thought it sounded like the classic 'mellotron' flute... Byfar the best sound on that particular beast if an instrument!

Sampling permission is a complex world so I tend to avoid it as much as possible! 😕😭🙄
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

ChameleonMusic wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:19 am
ChameleonMusic wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:13 pm
Sampling permission is a complex world so I tend to avoid it as much as possible! 😕😭🙄
it's way too complicated (in my eyes); thought the EU could make it better... but oh EU and England... i can remember something :)
myself in 2022

ChameleonMusic wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:19 am
ChameleonMusic wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:13 pm
Thought it sounded like the classic 'mellotron' flute... Byfar the best sound on that particular beast if an instrument!
i only figured out how a thing actually works a few days ago. seems a bit limited to me. but brings a few "classic" sounds with it. it is also a bit bulky - nothing for my living room :)
myself in 2022

tomtom,
I like the intro synth bass better when other synths are playing also; just a personal preference; I liked all of the other synths. It actually gave me goosebumps when the Queen gave her speech (more than a short phrase) in your song (by far my favorite part of the song); I had not heard it before (I live near Los Angeles). People are free to do as they may, though I am now fully covid vaccinated. I felt lousy for one day, two days after I had the second Moderna shot. I haven't had other bad side effects fortunately. Carry on!
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:53 pm tomtom,
I like the intro synth bass better when other synths are playing also; just a personal preference; I liked all of the other synths. It actually gave me goosebumps when the Queen gave her speech (more than a short phrase) in your song (by far my favorite part of the song); I had not heard it before (I live near Los Angeles). People are free to do as they may, though I am now fully covid vaccinated. I felt lousy for one day, two days after I had the second Moderna shot. I haven't had other bad side effects fortunately. Carry on!
hi aaron,
thanks for coming along and listening. indeed, the Queen speech is really good. i found it by accident - normally ia m not interested in the "royals". but i have to admit that we watch netflix's The Crown - that's a really good soap opera :D - goosebumps - then the track can't have been too bad overall :) -
have a nice time and stay healthy!
myself in 2022

Return to “Music Cafe”