Enough vintage already. How about some "Modern" synth suggestions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dasheesh wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:09 pm there is a biker bar down the road that will serve it (no lie).
i know bikers can be a bit crazy, but absinthe and bikes (even pedal bikes) sounds like a bad idea :scared:

ive had some very strange experience on that stuff :o

melomood wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:06 pm the only thing that made Absynth more modern than a Prophet was some distortion?
what a bizarre remark
no, there's probably several millon things, as a conservative estimate

the problem with many "modern" synths is you don't have a road map, so many times you make design decisions on the fly that turn out to be mistakes later. and, the real issue with that is the cpu cost.... this is a quality issue... how high is the quality of a modern synth?.... because i think 4 * oversampling sounds the best... but that prohibits modern features (like onboard affects and filters), that also take cpu. ... they are usually higher cpu then the crowd begging for them will pay.... and they don't usually come out right the first time.

... and now we got the preset issue.... and really, a "modern" oscillator is going to make use of sample technology, so.... what's the point right?

before lockdown all my toilet paper for years was napkins I'd grab massive amounts of in Starbucks during the day. Now you'd have to ask for all that, never happens.

I can't stand spending money on that kind of thing, ridiculous expense and yer probably putting money in the Koch's pockets

jancivil wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:16 pm
melomood wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:06 pm the only thing that made Absynth more modern than a Prophet was some distortion?
what a bizarre remark
he was questioning an earlier remark further up the page ;)

layzer. add distortion to any synth, instant modern sound. eye roll...

cello guy :hihi:

sounds like a song jan... go to town.

vurt wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:22 pm
jancivil wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:16 pm
what a bizarre remark
he was questioning an earlier remark further up the page ;)

layzer. add distortion to any synth, instant modern sound. eye roll...

cello guy :hihi:
I enjoyed the disregard for the '?' meself
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

vurt wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:22 pm layzer. add distortion to any synth, instant modern sound. eye roll...
It's true though. Distortion is the only ingredients of modern sound, and we all just have to own Synth1 to sound modern. That's why this whole site and the industry which sells us abundance is one big lie!

:o
I've been boomswaggled!

chk071 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:27 pm
vurt wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 5:22 pm layzer. add distortion to any synth, instant modern sound. eye roll...
It's true though. Distortion is the only ingredients of modern sound, and we all just have to own Synth1 to sound modern. That's why this whole site and the industry which sells us abundance is one big lie!
you forgot the reverb, gotta have a free reverb, then you can achieve any sound anyone else can using a £40,000 modular system, with just one instance of synth one, distortion. and a freeverb! (it will even sound much higher quality).

melomood wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:32 pm :o
I've been boomswaggled!
lucky you, you fancy sharing?

i feel the same every time i see a 10,000$ buchla controlled by a sequencer.

And delay, don't forget the delay!

vurt wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:36 pm
melomood wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:32 pm :o
I've been boomswaggled!
lucky you, you fancy sharing?
Not yet
I haven't had all my shots

chk071 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:55 pm I think 99% of modern EDM music is made with "modern" soft synths. Think Sylenth1, Spire, Serum, Massive, Nexus etc.
Is this why I don't like the sounds in most modern edm?

Return to “Instruments”