maybe i finally achieved the DAW-less jobs....

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey hey ! :D

well, since 4-5 days (and nite) i totally switched my life-style :

in 80s 90s i used only hardies, then VSTs came up ! that was so great coz someone stolen my MC-303.... i was sad :((((

time passed...

i just bought a TC Electronic M2000.... a rackable fx processor i want to use with my syntesiserz...

my sequencer is the Octatrack MKII i received wednesday....

=>

i had bad experiences "doing computer music" coz im getting old, that old, was a brainwashe.... & i missed the feelings TO TOUCH, TO PLAY, MY music.

_

tonite i gone (again, back) in the Hard Stuffs...

i'm changing home, can't plug well all my setup...

but i done THAT, SO FAST just in 4 days while learning Octatrack...

i tried to slave Bitwig Studio's clock, used it & my computer as a MIDI Thru... etc... etc...

_

this is just what i sorted out of Octatrack in 30 minutes / track... (at work)

https://soundcloud.com/chrisnmusic1305/ ... ixed-a-bit

& thiz house :

https://soundcloud.com/chrisnmusic1305/ ... ay-at-work

_

i retrieved inspiration, it's fast...

next is gonna be a 1604... (and a SlimPhatty... i'll see if my sound need Equalization or limiters... later :

I DONE JUST ALL I COULD, why im so proud now.

sometimes somewhere, life is harder than anything.... im happy i retrieved courage & will to play again.

im changing home... its my temp studio. it's complicated...

may the 4th be in you, love lies... :)

yoshi303?

I think OP switched to hardware. I might be totally wrong but maybe OP needs help with Bitwig because OP "can't plug well all my setup"? That's my best guess anyways.

I'm a fan of hardware myself so congrats, I think. :tu:
-JH

I'm pretty sure english isn't OP's first language, good job on being able to enjoy music again! LOL if that's what this meant, we all have our personal journey with music :)
In the future there will be robots!

First I want to say how much I liked both of those tracks. Well done Don.
Also, I'm really interested in how much bitwig was involved. Do you sync your OT to bitwig or the other way around?

david.djx wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:12 am First I want to say how much I liked both of those tracks. Well done Don.
Also, I'm really interested in how much bitwig was involved. Do you sync your OT to bitwig or the other way around?
Absolutely. Very impressed. Everything is just with the octatrack? Makes me want one.

1378919320102020 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:39 am hey hey ! :D

in 80s 90s i used only hardies, then VSTs came up ! that was so great coz someone stolen my MC-303.... i was sad :((((

time passed...

i just bought a TC Electronic M2000.... a rackable fx processor i want to use with my syntesiserz...

=>

i had bad experiences "doing computer music" coz im getting old, that old, was a brainwashe.... & i missed the feelings TO TOUCH, TO PLAY, MY music.

_

i tried to slave Bitwig Studio's clock, used it & my computer as a MIDI Thru... etc... etc...

_

& thiz house :

_

next is gonna be a 1604... (and a SlimPhatty... i'll see if my sound need Equalization or limiters... later :

sometimes somewhere, life is harder than anything.... im happy i retrieved courage & will to play again.

Great music. GROOVES. Where in the South of France are your from? I lived in and near Nice for 3 years, and spent lots of time in Marseille.

What other gear do you use?
Keep the music coming.

david.djx wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:12 am First I want to say how much I liked both of those tracks. Well done Don.
Hello David,

yE i learnt english one week in London..

=> first, thank you for u liked & thx others too :

i tried to Slave Bitwig Studio 2 with Octatrack's clock, but failed coz i think latency or clock pbs...

so finally recorded in ACON Acoustica 7 Standard , for most track on my profile i use Focusrite soundcard + ADAT,

i dunno how they do to Master/Slave the Daw & gears, somes use ERM Multiclock, or Roland clock.. (sry i dont remember the model...)

but soundcard/ADAT is in "not DAW" mode, it is in "low latency/real-time" it passes Audio INs > Audio OUts, i can record in the middle, i think when my computer is off it passtrough same but my computer is always ON :) (sometimes i reboot and music plays..) .. for pc tower ON, with a 700W BeQuiet POWER (german quality), i consume ~ 40 € / month. just PC & stuffs, not fridge, living stuffs..

for the clock issue, i just received EricaSynths Thru Midi box, so i got "less than 6 nanoseconds latency", but i dunno if/how to put a clock for Octatrack (master) & so for synths... (& for DAW Rec with ADAT, i must test more...)

atm it works :

like if i record from ADAT, i put same bpm in both Bitwig & Octatrack then i press REC, then drag'n'drop to phase in bars.

i made new tracks but they are just draft 1st pass, like to test an arrangement s or not, like live play..

this one is a bit techno...

https://soundcloud.com/chrisnmusic1305/ ... ghts-tezst

& this one is deep-tech ~, what i prefer..

https://soundcloud.com/chrisnmusic1305/ ... he-tv-mix1

i'm changing home, too much idiots/bandits here near Marseille, not in Marseille, everybody smokes in Marseille so i will miss her coz it's a 2500+ years old city, and good places, good food, friends old... and Stade.

perpetual3 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:07 pm
Absolutely. Very impressed. Everything is just with the octatrack? Makes me want one.
hey Perpetual?

ahah this Octatrack (MkII).......

> i said i dunno if it will be my final seq/Bitwig replacer........ :

u can't imagine how much i LOVE(d) working with Bitwig, as no DAW can do what Bitwig Studio does...

> it's just im playing styles (deep/ambiant/or techno... or house, coz i dunno how to do others..) : so i love to craft my sound, even if it's not "that-killing-lead", "that ....".... it's my buildts from A to Z, and if i really want to make music, but someone annoyed me in the journey so bad mood/motivation, sometimes it ALWAYS GOOD to find an inspirating samples, like lastly i used Splices & it's really great for to indie music.

back to the Octatrack , she complicated but it tooks me an afternoon to make some Liquid/DnB ... reading the documentation , SHORTCUTS... eventually asking on forums...

=

> Bitwig : u can do all ; i could not buy BWS3 coz im poor, & not interested in GRID, while quarantaine i went buy an used PUSH 1, but u can't use it well with BWS2 as some basic functions need latests Bitwig Studio updates... + as i'm changing home, it's difficult to work well in little space...

=

ALL THAT makes me feeling like in a U-turn... like losing inspiration + Life pbs + lack of motivation... :

i wanted to touch back fast easy simple the sound...

Octatrack is really great, it's Stereo for pads... somes prefer Digitakt coz it's MONO so more easy to pan/balance L & R ...

=======

to resume :

(bitwig)

+ ALL possible
- DAWs/system latency, (can drop to 2ms without USB,....)
- with a mouse..

(Octatrack / Electribe 2 / etc...)

- limited possibilities compared to any DAW,
- Octatrack can't chords any sample, just 4 notes with MIDI
- Octatrack can't "slide"/automate midi cc, like u live rec midi CC per step,
+ "grooveboxes" r good enough for any Minimal-music fans,
+ maybe need 2x Octatrack for 16 stereo Audio + 16 MIDI,
+ HANDY ! <3
+ real-time... <3

voilà.....

each world has PROs/CONs,

somes like the "Polyend Tracker" : cheap but 8 tracks i think, but compatible with olds 80s soundtrackers .mod , with maybe better possibilities than Octatrack.. so dunno.. actually i like my OT.

edit: also checked MASCHINE+ but when i read "no real-time, 8ms latency", its not really standalone instrument...

perpetual3 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:09 pm
1378919320102020 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:39 am hey hey ! :D

time passed...

=>

_

_

& thiz house :

_

Great music. GROOVES. Where in the South of France are your from? I lived in and near Nice for 3 years, and spent lots of time in Marseille.

What other gear do you use?
Keep the music coming.
Thx, i use all this :

https://gearspace.com/board/mystudio/429902-lunecha/

mostly only Octatrack MkII + JP-08 + Tc Electronic M2000.. to ADAT Focusrite.. (i lack of space, changing home..)

edit: + my lovely Waldorf Blofeld , my 1st real synth... after 12 years a resistor burnt so i had to solder a new, costed me 3 € ahah.... Works fine as day-1 ! (Blofeld's have a common issue by oldness like -20 dB on main OUts & no headphones OUT at all.... but it's repairable.. dunno for Blofeld BLACK EDITION or Blofeld Keyboard versions.)

for the deep/tech track, it's because i need a MOOG.. so asked MOOG voyagers & taurs the basic signals/shape for to use in Octatrack... while waiting for probably a Minitaur ...

(i not used very well... the bass...)

and so "steamin tv.." deep-tech track, it's made with :

- Octatrack Mkii
- Roland JP-08 > TC Electronic M2000 (custom dub-echoe/verb preset...)

i filmed 1h30 making it, on twitch. click upper^ soundcloud "Steamin... (read description )" for twitch link... (its my 1st stream...), last ten minutes is 1st mix, this one... (draft..)

edit: i no made arrangement , its one pattern in loop..

Octatrack is cool coz there r LFOs like Bitwig :)

1378919320102020 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:43 am
hey Perpetual?

u can't imagine how much i LOVE(d) working with Bitwig, as no DAW can do what Bitwig Studio does...

> it's just im playing styles (deep/ambiant/or techno... or house, coz i dunno how to do others..) : so i love to craft my sound, even if it's not "that-killing-lead", "that ....".... it's my buildts from A to Z, and if i really want to make music, but someone annoyed me in the journey so bad mood/motivation, sometimes it ALWAYS GOOD to find an inspirating samples, like lastly i used Splices & it's really great for to indie music.

back to the Octatrack , she complicated but it tooks me an afternoon to make some Liquid/DnB ... reading the documentation , SHORTCUTS... eventually asking on forums...

=

> Bitwig : u can do all ; i could not buy BWS3 coz im poor, & not interested in GRID, while quarantaine i went buy an used PUSH 1, but u can't use it well with BWS2 as some basic functions need latests Bitwig Studio updates... + as i'm changing home, it's difficult to work well in little space...

=

ALL THAT makes me feeling like in a U-turn... like losing inspiration + Life pbs + lack of motivation... :

Octatrack is really great, it's Stereo for pads... somes prefer Digitakt coz it's MONO so more easy to pan/balance L & R ...

=======

to resume :

(bitwig)

+ ALL possible
- with a mouse..

+ HANDY ! <3
+ real-time... <3

voilà.....

somes like the "Polyend Tracker" : cheap but 8 tracks i think, but compatible with olds 80s soundtrackers .mod , with maybe better possibilities than Octatrack.. so dunno.. actually i like my OT.

edit: also checked MASCHINE+ but when i read "no real-time, 8ms latency", its not really standalone instrument...
Dope my man. Yeah, I love Bitwig. For me it’s the best DAW. I just wish it had feedback send / return routing for proper dub.

New tracks are amazing! Gonna check out your twitch now too.

perpetual3 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:22 pm
1378919320102020 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:43 am
hey Perpetual?

=

=

=======

to resume :

(bitwig)

+ ALL possible
- with a mouse..

+ HANDY ! <3
+ real-time... <3

voilà.....

Dope my man. Yeah, I love Bitwig. For me it’s the best DAW. I just wish it had feedback send / return routing for proper dub.
i dunno, there lots Bitwig users using HW effect devices so should work, but i done very minimal studio setup, we r changing home,.. cant test.

(temp setup)

what i dont liked in DAWs it's latency, but some PCI-express soundcards & others plugs soundcards drop at/under 2ms....

ps: bought EricaSynths MIDI Thru box, & not tested yet if Bitwig follow the clock with this very good interface, i'll try. She has 6ns latency :)))))) but dunno with computer slaved clock.

edit: never used clocks, sometimes i was using ms track adjust.

in 90s i had Cakewalk Lite it was easy lol !

edit: i have Push 1 & Push4Bitwig but somes basic features work only with latests Bitwig versions, like notes length.... not good..

but for the DAWs, i think the bests are :

Creativity/Infinty.. > Bitwig Studio.

for Engy, or Soundtracking/movi:es > StudioOne or Cubase. A friend engy swapped from ProTools to S1, but many scorers still use Cubase by habitudes.

if i can sync all, Bitwig 2 is enough actually, like to rework.. but for instant previews/live plays/trials i REC with ACON Acoustica 7 Standard :D loading time is ZERO second unlike Wavelab / SoundForge...

(edit: gonna test Bitwig clock slaved again,....)

i needed to go back to play/touch... one day ill go back to Bitwig VI, the other day to Octatrack 3 or better... etc.. :)))

Octatrack MKII is great.. but has CONs ofc.. nothing perfect.... i search the perfect DAW/less SEQ WITH memory like many, so..

if Tomorrow Bitwig (tm) makes something hardware/sequencing/HDMI-plug/REAL-Time,... who gonna Kickstart it 1st... :))))))

david.djx wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:42 pm New tracks are amazing! Gonna check out your twitch now too.
nothing but games or radios censored on twitch... sometimes i share a video only, but im not using social stuffs much... but, in life it's not easy coz i always try to positive, but it's always hardmode here to survive, like i buy a synth, i no eat etc... + u can't listen or make music like techno all day/all night,.. => why i retire somewhere i can, without neighbors... (& no Ibiza lol...)

Return to “Bitwig”