Bitwig 4 - what's gonna be in it?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ChrisDW wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:05 pm Bitwig 4 will be announced Tues May 4th, with a beta release to follow in the coming days :love:
Full release expected mid June 2021 :clap:
Let's make a bet. If you're right, I'll buy you an upgrade. If you're not, you buy one for me.

Deal?
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I just want new toys to play with and Bitwig is my favorite toy

ChrisDW wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:05 pm Bitwig 4 will be announced Tues May 4th, with a beta release to follow in the coming days :love:
I doubt it will be that soon; my upgrade plan doesn't run out until mid August. I'm thinking we'll see the first beta in late July and then the final release around September first.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

Greenstorm33 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:08 pm
I doubt it will be that soon; my upgrade plan doesn't run out until mid August. I'm thinking we'll see the first beta in late July and then the final release around September first.
Soon? v3.0 was announced in Jan '19, v3.3 in Oct '20. We're way past due an update :(
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:17 pm Soon? v3.0 was announced in Jan '19, v3.3 in Oct '20. We're way past due an update :(
So true. I regret activating my update plan april last year...
I guess this is all because of apple silicon. Win users should get a 3 month extra upgrade plan extension.

tested Ableton Live 11, not for features.... :)

i found again that Bitwig Studio just needs same UI color/balance/tones customization.... like i like Blues....

antic604 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:17 pm
Greenstorm33 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:08 pm
Soon? v3.0 was announced in Jan '19, v3.3 in Oct '20. We're way past due an update :(
I was just kidding, we're definitely overdue. Hopefully we get a major update in the not-to-distant future.
Softsynth addict and electronic music enthusiast.
"Destruction is the work of an afternoon. Creation is the work of a lifetime."

stamp wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:40 pm
antic604 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:17 pm Soon? v3.0 was announced in Jan '19, v3.3 in Oct '20. We're way past due an update :(
So true. I regret activating my update plan april last year...
I guess this is all because of apple silicon. Win users should get a 3 month extra upgrade plan extension.
lol that reminds me the 1st time i bought a DAW... (while Cakewalk lite was offered with my 90s Emu sampler...),

bought Cubase 4 in october, then interested i found that Cubase 5 was released some days later, and guyz told me to use their promotion upgrade crossgrade thing... and i has got free Cubase 5 :D ... (that i upgraded to 7.5, then Live 9, Live 10, Studio One 3 trial (excellent 64 bit linear, pro look !), & fallen in love with bitwig studio.

Bitwig 4.0 I can... Taste it... See it.. Feel it.. My senses have never been sharper and yet, everything appears dull in contrast to the chosen one. Can you see it too? It's glorious. My eyes they burn. I am not worthy of him. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn. He comes. Oh you must be able to see it now. But it was always here wasn't it? I can feel it's age. Like a thousand eons before and infinite to come.

That’s not dead . . . which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die.

antic604 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:00 pm
itemsearch wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:26 pm All I really need right now:

1. MSEG
2. Container in The Grid
3. Multi-out from The Grid

I think it’s better to develop something in which Bitwig is already strong.
Definitely agree with the above*, but those sound like 3.x updates :) I'm asking for big, headline-worthy stuff ;)

* You can kinda-sorta do multi-out right now with Modulator Outs, Audio Rates + DC Offsets although it's gonna be mono only :(
+1,000,000 for these, but looks like we never got those big changes, which I'm pretty sour about, 1 year of "upgrade" plan and it gets let than .2 of a version?!?!?!? I think we are being taken for fools.
In the future there will be robots!

Not being able to slice in the sampler is the most annoying missing thing for me right now.
Even if I'm almost ok with the "slice to multisample at onsets" workaround for now. But editing the slices afterwards require more work (you need to select both samples and move the end / start point).
Crazy that this basic thing is not present and mega nerdy modular synth features are.

How does the beta process work with expiring plans. If a beta is released before the subscription ends, does it keep running that beta version after the subscription has ened, or does it stop working as soon as the subscription ends? When I say subscription, I know that's not the word. I mean 12 month plan. Time period. Etc.
I know I'll still have 3.3 whatever happens over the next week (if anything).

sbmongoose wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:50 am How does the beta process work with expiring plans. If a beta is released before the subscription ends, does it keep running that beta version after the subscription has ened, or does it stop working as soon as the subscription ends? When I say subscription, I know that's not the word. I mean 12 month plan. Time period. Etc.
Iirc you can use the last beta that is included in your plan but as soon as your plan expires you're out. You can use the beta until it expires.

sbmongoose wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:50 am How does the beta process work with expiring plans. If a beta is released before the subscription ends, does it keep running that beta version after the subscription has ened, or does it stop working as soon as the subscription ends? When I say subscription, I know that's not the word. I mean 12 month plan. Time period. Etc.
It works as long as you have active upgrade plan, AFAIK.
Music tech enthusiast

antismap wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:13 am Not being able to slice in the sampler is the most annoying missing thing for me right now.
Even if I'm almost ok with the "slice to multisample at onsets" workaround for now. But editing the slices afterwards require more work (you need to select both samples and move the end / start point).
Agree. It's just like you say, technically the Sampler + the "Slice to drum machine/multisampler" macros do what's needed, but practically it's a very static workflow where adjusting slices after the fact and especially experimenting and playing with slices, is very cumbersome.

I "work around" it by using an external plugin for it (Serato Sample), but I'd love it if the built-in Sampler (or a new dedicated Slicer instrument) could do the job instead, because what we have now is so close already.

Return to “Bitwig”