Tone2: Sound Bundles sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Since some people said our soundsets would be overpriced I did take a look at the current pricing of the competition.

Icarus sounds bundle
2291 sounds + wavetables for €189
Price per patch: 8 cent

Electra sounds bundle
4240 sounds for €189
Price per patch: 4 cent

Nemesis sounds bundle
1271 sounds for €139
Price per patch: 9 cent

Saurus sounds bundle
1415 sounds for €139
Price per patch: 9 cent

Diva soundset bundle
850 sounds for 109€
Price per patch: 13 cent

Hive soundset bundle
850 sounds for €103
Price per patch: 12 cent

Repro soundset bundle
400 sounds for €90
Price per patch: 22 cent

Nexus bundle (includes synth)
16000 sounds for €3989
Price per patch: 25 cent

Avenger expansions (sounds with additional content)
Price per patch: around 50 cent per sound

I have bought quite lot of expansions but not lately. Problem for me is that even the patches on 128 bank may be good, there is usually 1 or 2 patches which I would use and suite for me. So to me the cost of soundset is probably calculated like 1 patch cost me 39e as 99% is just waste of space. This goes to all sound packs..not just tone2. As usually 1% of patches are usefull to me the cost of sound bank must be on reasonable level to get me on impulse buy.

That said, I would rather see some pick 5 from any soundset from any synth offers from tone 2. Then I could select the expansion that would probably suite more to me than some edm/dupstep/trap sets. Put on some pick 5 for 80% and take my money! :D

Mac Hine wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:22 amThat said, I would rather see some pick 5 from any soundset from any synth offers from tone 2.
Not a bad idea that.

@Markus: I LOVE LOVE LOVE Saurus! (I know... not entirely on topic, but what a great synth! :))

There are presets and there are 'presets'.
Quantity does not equal Quantity, I am not sure why the per cost patch really matters.
Like a Howard Scarr, or Big Tone or Electric Himalaya patches I can always expect quality for the genres I do.
rsp
sound sculptist

Your sentence leaves the impression that our stuff would be quantity over quality, which inst't true at all. We got sets with sounds from Himalaya, BigTone and also other very talented designers. So you got the choice.
Every sound is normalized, can be morphed with the modwheel and there are no duplicates and fillers.
I did a massive number of patches (everything with MF extensions). You can hear my sounds in many professional productions. My sounds are very popular in the harder electronic scene, synthpop scene and for gothic.
If i do not think a sound isn't good enough or not musically usefull i do not even save it to the harddisc. During the last 15 years we have not received complaints about the quality of our sets. That's why i must assume that the customers that buy the sets are satisfied with the content

Markus Krause wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:30 am Electra sounds bundle
4240 sounds for €189
Price per patch: 4 cent
I think what some people are pushing back against is the price of the bundle versus the price of the plugin.

For example at Electra 's current sales price of €149 you get 1300 "production-ready sounds by professional sound designers"

Paying €189 for more patches seems to make the value less than the price per patch.

I very rarely buy presets but if I did I could not convince myself to buy such a large bundle at one time. I'd be much more likely to buy a new synth instead.

I think that's why some people are asking for sales on smaller packs. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

What was mentioned here and what I would really appreciated are (real, not reduced prices sold as "sale" again and again like with your synths where I cant remember ANY real sale in the last years apart from mayb bundled with the soundsets, cant say that for sure) sales on the soundsets, maybe combined with the options to combine a bundle of soundsets as you like.

Background: I am not really happy with the included factory presets cause 90 % might be good but just not my kind of styles. As I am mainly into ambient/chill kind of stuff there are of course good presets, for Icarus 2 and Electra 2, but I must say in the actual market I think they are a little overpriced taking into account they never went on sale as most of the competitors (fro example you mentioned Avenger, they regularly went on sale).

For this cause I only bought third party soundsets so far for both synths as they had what I need and go on sale from time to time.

Of cours its your decision but if I have to choose to get Unfiltered Audio Lion in the actual sale for 20 dollar or pay 40 € for a soundset for Icarus 2 the descision is kind of clear. But as there are around half a dozen Soundsets for Icarus 2 and Electra 2 I am really interested in (for a long time) I think I would take into account any REAL sale/personal bundle kind of deal option cause I really love the synths but as I said most of the factory presets just represent music styles I just dont need at all and I am not good enough as sounddesigner (and dont have the time) to make such good presets as they are in the soundsets. The quality for me really is no question as is the quality of the synths, top notch :-).

I've noticed your requests

1) we will offer sales for single soundsets in the near future

2) we will offer also small soundsets with a lower number of patches and a lower price

That whole greedy, thrifty mentality displayed here is destroying the industry.
I think many people are not good sound designers, so they have no idea how much effort and time it takes to make a good patch.
If I am not mistaken big synth companies pay third-party sound designers quite a lot of money to make factory presets. Maybe several dollars per patch.

Couple years back I paid like 150 for a trumpet patch from sample modeling... 1 patch!! and I use it all the time
Man thats f*ckin worth it

Dont really wonder what 4000000000 patches that only sound good on middle C is worth... cuz they almost never get used

what also would be a great offer, if someone has already a lot of synths or soundsets, that he can upgrade to a complete bundle or something like this

sacer wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:52 am what also would be a great offer, if someone has already a lot of synths or soundsets, that he can upgrade to a complete bundle or something like this
This is already possible. Send us an email and we'll make an individual offer for you

Markus

this sounds boundle idea is cool. and i think the prices are acceptable.

Looking back, I see that a lot of the sound banks I've collected over time came from Camel Audio (Alchemy, PC at the time), and AAS. In both cases the banks were relatively small (100-150 presets generally), had a genre/composer tie-in that assured me of both quality and sound types that interested me, and included sound demos in the marketing that covered enough of the presets to get a good sense of the actual sounds (preset names/categories are helpful, but actually hearing them was a huge plus). Both companies had frequent sales on these individual sound packs that didn't have me thinking that for the price of the sound packs that I could buy a new synth (or two) instead :lol: .

Markus Krause wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:40 pm BigTone is working for Apple now. That's why Nico can not longer do sounds for us (at least this is what he told me) . [...]
no. you must have misunderstood that. i have told you, that at that time i wasn't able to work for you, as i was busy on another commitment.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Return to “Instruments”