Bitwig + sidecar

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anybody tried using Bitwig on iPad with sidecar? Is there any other option to use touch screen with MacOS?

Would appreciate some suggestions!

Thanks

Check out these videos...

1. Moss's video on Bitwig and Open Stage Control https://www.youtube.com/c/J%C3%BCrgenMo ... ber/videos. That should be enough to get you running the OSC server on your desktop Mac and a web version of Bitwig running on your iPad. The default app using Moss's "OpenStageControl4Bitwig.json" file (part of Driven by Moss). It's not too techie and literally took me half an hour from first reading it to getting a working screen.

2. An alternative web page using the same processes is described here and offers a handy looking clip launcher viewtopic.php?f=259&t=564550.

I can vouch for the first approach, but sadly not the second because my iPad is out of action till I get it fixed.

If you have the visual programming skills and inclination, you could use the techniques described here to come up with your own custom screens 😉
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

Oh that looks great! Is there some
kind of downside of using sidecar with audio applications, any extra latency?

I have problem with my wrist and was looking for a way to replace mouse. I tried trackball but hated it, considered Logitech MX Master 3 which has better ergonomics vs apple mighty mouse but maybe using iPad would be some solution. I really wish apple open native support for multi-touch displays.

carlca wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 10:07 pm Check out these videos...

1. Moss's video on Bitwig and Open Stage Control https://www.youtube.com/c/J%C3%BCrgenMo ... ber/videos. That should be enough to get you running the OSC server on your desktop Mac and a web version of Bitwig running on your iPad. The default app using Moss's "OpenStageControl4Bitwig.json" file (part of Driven by Moss). It's not too techie and literally took me half an hour from first reading it to getting a working screen.

2. An alternative web page using the same processes is described here and offers a handy looking clip launcher viewtopic.php?f=259&t=564550.

I can vouch for the first approach, but sadly not the second because my iPad is out of action till I get it fixed.

If you have the visual programming skills and inclination, you could use the techniques described here to come up with your own custom screens 😉
Thanks for the info. I actually wanted to use multi-touch to edit audio clips and draw automation in Bitwig arrange window but good to know about Driven by Moss OSC control options.

Also as a cheaper alternative to sidecar (seems my iPad is too old to make it work) does anyone tried Bitwig with Wacom pen & touch tablets? There are some videos on youtube but not sure if this can really be an alternative to mouse in a daily use?

jeanclaudevanlee wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:59 am Thanks for the info. I actually wanted to use multi-touch to edit audio clips and draw automation in Bitwig arrange window but good to know about Driven by Moss OSC control options.
After seeing the Instagram pics that Inforlk posted I can see why this might be a better solution for you, especially as I hadn't considered the multi-touch aspect of your situation.
Bitwig 5.1.6 + Akai MIDIMix + Launchpad X + MuLab 9.3.18
Roli Lumi Keyboard x 2 + Universal Audio Apollo Twin X
Mac Mini M1 16GB/4TB + macOS 14.4 Sonoma

Return to “Bitwig”