Am I one of the few guitarists here?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bulevardi wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:32 am Very nice and melodic stuff in your electronic project :tu:
Much appreciated. c:
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

*raises hand*

I picked up electric guitar almost 13 years ago .. mostly for myself, never played professionally or even for a real audience.

Sometimes I ask myself why I keep doing it, but daaaamn I just love the sound so much.
Fell in love with AC/DC and similar stuff soon after beginning to learn.

My current new years resolution is to actually put together some kind of instrumental rock .. really struggling creatively, but at least I'm getting the guitars to sound really good now, makes it so much more fun to actually play.

tomx2188 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:39 pm

My current new years resolution is to actually put together some kind of instrumental rock .. really struggling creatively, but at least I'm getting the guitars to sound really good now, makes it so much more fun to actually play.
The time is now. Don't wait till you think you will be better, don't wait till you have more gear. Start recording everyday. Mistakes will be made but if you're always afraid of making mistakes you'll never get any better.

The best and the worst of it is having something recorded is you'll actually have something to show for your efforts even if the only one you show it to is yourself.

If you like it or don't like it you have something to grow on.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

I started playing several years back, mostly as a way to get some chugga-chuggas and other sounds into the industrial stuff I was doing. I've played some bass in my day too, but I've generally been more of a synth guy (as the name suggests I suppose, lol). The last few years though, I've gotten really into guitar. Ended up getting a 7-string so I can do lower chugga-chuggas. :)
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

I am a guitarist first and DAW Operator 2nd :D

Telecaster is my weapon of choice.

I remember my fascination with it when I was little. It gave the gift of music to my little sister, who would sing, and we did a few talent shows.

I should show everybody the first picture taken of us with my Framus hollowbody. We were so f'in cute!!! - doing 'Wild Thing', and 'Walk Right In'!

I just live in the past these days.

Although my taste in music has improved.

If I had stayed in a band I'd still be playing guitar everyday. But the software does everything I need...

Just joined the forum and have just put together my first home studio - Love guitar but am on a very steep climb getting to grips with the recording technology!

marcomoses wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:46 pm Just joined the forum and have just put together my first home studio - Love guitar but am on a very steep climb getting to grips with the recording technology!
Welcome.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

I haven't been around for ages but I play the guitar mostly. I like Vai, Beck, Friedman, Moore etc.
I play guitar

Hey, guitarist here. I look around for plugins because I make my own demos and I need to do some production, but I'm primary a singer/guitarist/songwriter.

Return to “Guitars”