New Firn album on Bandcamp

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:!:
Hello,

My new album is out on Bandcamp. Please have a listen if you find the time and if your interested in Electronic Music. It took me about a month to mix and master the tracks on the album in a constant flow (at least I hope that I accomplished that).

An Austrian music mag compared the release with the likes of Massive Attack - which is a great compliment but I am not really sure if I could catch the atmosphere and quality of their output, which is quite a high goal, of course. Please make a picture for yourself!

https://natalrec.bandcamp.com/album/mute

Thanks for listening and maybe commenting!

Greetings
NR :phones:

hi NR,

i took the time to listen to the first 2 tracks.
i think i liked the second one better as im sure
most people know im not a big fan of busy, fast
DnB drums. both tracks had excellent production however imho.
with some cool vocal bits. i'll pick up more listening,
tonight before bed. nice share friend :phones: :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I just played the album. I enjoyed it. It's got a great balance of different electronica styles and sounds. It all seemed to flow in a cohesive and convincing manner, so I think the mixing and mastering worked out well.

My favourite track is "Only Want". I really liked the sonic palette on there, with the combination of basses, percussion and reverbs, which create quite a creepy atmosphere.

Good work :)

Thanks layzer and seismic1 for spending your time with listening to the tracks :) Much appreciated!

i like angel. But massive attack would not do a beat like that, you got a more 'now' kind of tune. Could hear it in a modern day tv show like suits.

Fantastic work. It makes for a compelling, single-sitting listen. Lots of novel sounds and well mixed.
Thanks for sharing!

Jesse Gorter wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:46 pm i like angel. But massive attack would not do a beat like that, you got a more 'now' kind of tune. Could hear it in a modern day tv show like suits.
Thanks for listening! :)
Greetings
NR

justin3am wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:06 pm Fantastic work. It makes for a compelling, single-sitting listen. Lots of novel sounds and well mixed.
Thanks for sharing!
Thank you very much justin3am! Glad you liked this kind of music.. :phones: :) 8)
Greetings
NR

Hi, I don't know about the massive attack comparison (with regard to the kind of music), but I like your work nontheless. Your mixing is very good in deed and you keep your tracks interesting, you have a nice pace with regard to track structure. My favorite track is Angel. Cheers

Blue Eyed Ghost wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:30 pm Hi, I don't know about the massive attack comparison (with regard to the kind of music), but I like your work nontheless. Your mixing is very good in deed and you keep your tracks interesting, you have a nice pace with regard to track structure. My favorite track is Angel. Cheers
Thank you Blue Eyed Ghost for listening and commenting! Nice, that you found my music interesting :) Thanks :)

Return to “Music Cafe”