Y's death [ambient]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

2 samplers; 1 finger :!: ; 1 improvisation

more of a technical exercise. musically overall quite "dull".
am I aware - that I will post it here anyway? siegmund freud would have been delighted ... :help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPEYXa-Ct8Q
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

I'm sure I'm missing the deeper meaning. :) I quite liked this musically. Somber and peaceful. Enough variation to maintain interest. Could it have have gone somewhere else musically? Sure. But this is an enjoyable 3 minutes.

I don't think it is dull--it's not too complex, but that does not make it dull. It is beautiful and chill--evokes a nice feeling, with some tensions and resolves throughout.

Things I wonder about: what if there were extended spots with one lone voice here and there? What did you do with the reverb--any separate eq on it for each voice--any changes to the reverb throughout the piece?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

this is beautiful and let no one tell you any different.
Not complex <> uninteresting. this is good and deep nontheless.

this i like :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I have to agree with the other comments, it is not dull at all. The song creates a quite gripping and cinematic atmosphere that makes you keep listening. I enjoyed it.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy :wink:

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:05 pm All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy :wink:
Good work :)
Blue Eyed Ghost wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:09 am I have to agree with the other comments, it is not dull at all. The song creates a quite gripping and cinematic atmosphere that makes you keep listening. I enjoyed it.
ecamburn wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:42 pm I'm sure I'm missing the deeper meaning. :) I quite liked this musically. Somber and peaceful. Enough variation to maintain interest. Could it have have gone somewhere else musically? Sure. But this is an enjoyable 3 minutes.
Jesse Gorter wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:05 pm this is beautiful and let no one tell you any different.
Not complex <> uninteresting. this is good and deep nontheless.
ecamburn wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:42 pm I'm sure I'm missing the deeper meaning. :) I quite liked this musically. Somber and peaceful. Enough variation to maintain interest. Could it have have gone somewhere else musically? Sure. But this is an enjoyable 3 minutes.
layzer wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:10 am this i like :tu:

hey thanks to you all, for your time and listening (and the comments). i am quite surprised about the amount of ppl who actually like it :o . the making was really simple that's why i thought it could be dull. i was sitting in front of my pc "playing" actually with 1 finger on my pc-keyboard. nothing more... (ok there was a technical setup before that, but the actual playing was with one finger - it felt somehow silly :) )
myself in 2022

Dirtgrain wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:50 pm Things I wonder about: what if there were extended spots with one lone voice here and there? What did you do with the reverb--any separate eq on it for each voice--any changes to the reverb throughout the piece?
hey thanks for your time and listening. there is not much reverb, it is a really long release-time.
the samplers were divided into main-voices and "accompagnement"-voives. the main voices were played with one finger (after a technical setup) - the "accompagnement"-voives were pre-programmed into a divice with 4 slots and then they were choosen randomly by the DAW. that's why there is no part with only one note.
myself in 2022

Return to “Music Cafe”